Baseball Talk

kiya

Yeah, Chavvy really pulled through in extra innings..

I'm going to the RSox/A's game tonite to see Dice-K in person for the first time.

The a's have trouble against the Red Sox normally so it was a surprise we won that one last night.

I predict a big night for Buck.

btw, i've been reading this dice-k blog since the beginning of the season. the guy lives in japan and is a baseball nut. loves the yankees but really loves dice-k too.

the crazy thing is that he's predicted dice-k's performance almost exactly for every game. it's uncanny. the guy could seriously make a ton of money on some sports betting. i think these are the type of guys that become oddsmakers in vegas.

http://matsuzaka.blogspot.com/

nerdy fantasy baseball question:

I'm currently in first place in 1 of fantasy baseball leagues......

someone just dropped johnny damon..i expected him to have a great season after last year, but nagging injuries have hurt him and the yanks are even DHing him cause he cant run very well in the OF

so do you think i drop Armando Benitez, who after his balk meltdown was traded by the SF Giants to the marlins and is now in a set up roll (although i think there is a good chance he will become closer eventually..) and put in a waiver for Johnny Damon, who i do think has upside and i need steals.

my current OF is:

Beltran

Berkman (sucking ass so far too)

Eric Byrnes

and

Granderson and Wiggington who i slot in and out of the Util spot........

i should probably post this on some fantasy board but i dont go on those......

Who the fuck saw the last inning of that Giants/Mets game last night? That was seriously the strangest 20 minutes of baseball i've ever seen...

Benetiz look like he wanted to shoot himself when the game ended.

i guess i missed this... care to explain?

dunkin deeznuts - Benitez might close again with the Marlins but I think I would rather pick up someone like Brad Lidge who has been pretty good since his demotion from closer. Even if Lidge doesn't become Houston's closer again, he'll pile up a lot of K's and maintain a low era. Okajima is also a good option (I've got him in my team). While Papelbon is the main closer, Oki is brought in for a couple of save situations from time to time, and he racks up a lot of K's.

Brooklyn Zoo - Benitez basically blew the game by balking twice in one inning.

I just got home.. That was one intense pitching match up..

A's for the win again.

Boston's bats were dead tonite.

I take that back, it's the bottom of the 5th and we haven't even gotten a hit off Schilling.

Today i will personally apologize for Shannon Stewart's actions.

Sorry Hawkeye.

Schilling's post game comments:

"We needed to win today, above everything else, so it was very easy to stay focused on what [we're] trying to accomplish, which was to win the game. The fact that they had no hits going into the seventh, eighth, ninth reflected executing the game plan, but the focus was winning the game. We hadn't won the last couple of days, [so it was a] big win for us."

"I was sure [stewart] was taking. Tek was sure he was swinging. I was wrong."

"I felt good later in the game. I thought velocity-wise I got better as the game went on, stuff-wise I got sharper. I made some mistakes earlier, they hit some balls right at people defensively. We made some great plays. Fun game to be a part of."

Fuck!!! ONE hitter!!! It's okay Kiya, we bet a pair of Flatheads right? ;)

Papi saves the day, boy the Sox needed that one bad.

Trust me, let it near the end of the season and i'll start throwing down some bets with ya'll. :)

Congrats to Schilling and the Bo Sox for that 1-hitter. I wish we got more Red Sox games here on the left coast.

Meanwhile, the Dodgers just got swept by the Padres...blew a 5-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th inning. We almost had a win over Peavy!!! :mad:

i hope to attend a a live baseball game this year, thinking of going up to seattle with some friends from high school to see a mariners game in the summer

havent been to many games so far. the only one ive been to was years back which was a orioles vs angels game in anaheim. cal ripken jr was playing.

A's beat up on Zito today.

Two down, one to go.

man, those oakland a's.....went to the game tonight and they beat up on my stros..even after bigg's hit that double to go ahead i had a feeling wheeler was gonna blow it..

atleast we gots the first game in extra innings...a's got a good team.

most of you sneak up closer right when you go to games?...its nice paying $7, then slide past into the $37 seats...

how about that no hitter in detriot? i liked that.....