Baseball Talk

kiya

Idk, mang. Mariano has had a couple of seasons that were equal, if not better than Eckersley's run, but doesn't even have a single Cy Young to show for it. Definitely shows the change of times.

To do it all in one park with essentially one pitch. Still take him over Eck any day.

Idk, mang. Mariano has had a couple of seasons that were equal, if not better than Eckersley's run, but doesn't even have a single Cy Young to show for it. Definitely shows the change of times.

To do it all in one park with essentially one pitch. Still take him over Eck any day.

in 1990 Eck had an ERA of 0.60 with 48 saves and that wasnt his award winning year.

dont think Mariano can say the same

in 1990 Eck had an ERA of 0.60 with 48 saves and that wasnt his award winning year.

dont think Mariano can say the same

you're a fucking idiot. mariano's postseason era -- spanning 15 seasons and 31 series -- is 0.71. that's phenomenal. anyone who knows anything about baseball knows mariano's the greatest closer in the history of the game.

stick to posting countless images of women you will never have sex with, you big big fucking moron. no hate though.

in other news, red sox lost again today. haha.

i thought the discussion was about pitchers winning the CY young and MVP. if thats the case then no Mariano has never had a regular season statistical season better than Eck that would justify winning the MVP. since last i checked regular seasonal awards arent based on post season accomplishments then i still stand by that.

I dont deny Mariano being the best of all time and post season statistics are going to lean towards Mariano being the best relief pitcher of all time. Kirk Gibson took away any chance of Eck having a better ERA than Rivera and in the end Rivera has more rings. should Mariano have a postseason MVP? the case can be made for that if he doesnt have one. i stopped paying any real attention to baseball after Rickey Henderson left the A's the second time around

why is this even a discussion, only a moron would compare the two. Eck was good, sometimes great. Mo IS THE GREATEST, end of story.

p.s. baseball awards are skewed anyway, gold gloves being the least indicative of how good a player truly is.

"Best closer" is probably the hardest "best xxxx" to decide on. It's a relatively new position and has changed so much over the years. The shut it down ninth inning closer is something that you can argue didn't come around 'till the late 80s/early 90s with Eckersley.

Still 600 saves isn't anything to dismiss. Neither is a career WHIP of 1.000 and an 8.2 K/9. Also being one of the most important players of the Torre-Jeter-Girardi Era Yankees.