Baseball Talk

kiya

Angels stay alive at beat the Yanks 7-6.

It was so close the whole game. First the Angels score 4 runs in the first.

Then the Yanks get 6 runs in the 7th and then the Angels come back with 3 runs. In the 9th inning the Angels closer comes in and gets the first 2 batters. Then he walks A-Rod and the batter after him. After that he hits the next batter and the bases are loaded. He gets ahead of Nick Swisher 0-2 and then throws 3 balls. He gets Swisher to pop out after that pitch.

What a great game and GO ANGELS!

The Phillies' biggest weakness is their bullpen (although it's not that bad), but when your starter goes 9 it complete eliminates that element from the equation.

I don't expect Pedro to pitch a complete game tonight, but if he can go 6, then the Phils can piece together the rest of the game with Eyre, Madson, Happ (who I feel is more valuable out of the pen at this point) and Lidge (assuming he doesn't implode).

If the Phils win tonight, the series is all but over with Hamels pitching at home in game 3 and Lee going again in Game 4.

I have a feeling Burnett is going to get lit up tonight. I expect the Phils lineup to really dial in against him if his curveball is anything less than stellar.

Damon also admits to the strange routine of urinating in his own batting gloves. As a young player his batting coach advised this practice as a way to reduce swelling in his hands. He has continued this practice to present day and it has earned him the locker room nickname "Piss-Knuckles" given to him by teammate Derek Jeter