Denim shops in Tokyo

atom

^ and hinoya is also right down the street from there.

thanks for posting!

(takes me back. i miss tokyo.)

Gosh, I miss Tokyo too. When I was there, I only bough stuff from 45rpm. When I went to Hinoya, they don't have my size on the Oni Blues but I wished now that I had bought all of the jeans I've learned here at superfuture abck when I was there 3 years ago.

Hopefully, I can make it to the Inazuma Festival. Chicken, that is still on right?

nice pics. im sure it will help someone in the future. so many sidestreets and alleys and 2nd story shops. head has to be on a swivel at all times. wish i had a chance to go to ueno when i was there last year.

If you got to the Evisu store in Daikanyama, remember to go upstairs of the same building. Im pretty sure you have to take the elevator, but thats where they do all the painting, have some older styles, and sell other stuff apart from jeans.

Also in the same area in Daikanyama, check out the European Evisu store. A much larger store with about 4 different 'Rooms'. Layed out really nice, have other kinds of jeans and clothing, kids line, more painting, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
hi tip maybe you could help me get my way thru japan im going there in a couple of months.. thanks! want to go to hinoya too and the rest

Just got to Ueno.. it's denim store after denim store under the subway tracks.

americaya was open as a normal store might be at lunchtime.

There's the denim store two doors east of Americaya that is open 24 hours a day just in case you show up at some ungodly hour.

+1 for Ueno, denimz is everywhere!

To add to the list, Warehouses shop is in Omotesando on Cat Street. If you coming from Omotesando Street where Chanel is, it's not too far down on the right side.

I also found a shop that stock a lot of Stormy Blue and a few other less hyped brands just up the street. If you come back up Omotesando Street and go down a small, pathed street that has a shoe shop on one side, and a Kangol hat shop on the other. It's on the left. Opposite is an awesome bar, that serves beers for 390 yen and some awesome bar food. I'm always sessioning this bar!

If you travel a little further down the street, you will come across the Studio D'Artisan shop on your right. It's on level B1, but you should see a huge pair of jeans on the railing.

This street eventually connects to Cat Street. When it does, there is a fruit shop on one corner.

ok guys im fixing my japan itinerary so should i stay longer in tokyo? or what city should i go to? tokyo? or osaka?( where sda, evisu etc is) so anyone? or ill just book my whole trip to tokyo im basically gonna go denim hunting ill be alone so i dont need no sight seeing.. gonna do some whoring though.. hmmm

how long are you in japan for?

my advice is spend at least a week in tokyo, if not more. you cannot get bored in this place. too much to see.

but at the same time, there is a lot more to see in japan as well. if you have the time, get a JR 7-day pass (around $300USD I think. ..). allows unlimited travel on any JR line, even shinkansen. go down to kyoto for a few days, make a day-trip (or two days) to osaka, if you're really into the denim thing, go down to kojima (about 2 hours on trains from osaka or kyoto). i made a thread on the town somewhere here.

anyone know where the pbj store is in harajuku? i know i would be able to find it on their site but not being able to read japanese kinda sucks.

i know it's quite a question to ask, i'm just hoping someone with fantastic memory can help with maybe a couple of landmarks that i can look for within harajuku to find the store or limit my search to a section of harajuku so i can find the fatty sign that says pbj

anyone know where the pbj store is in harajuku? i know i would be able to find it on their site but not being able to read japanese kinda sucks.

i know it's quite a question to ask, i'm just hoping someone with fantastic memory can help with maybe a couple of landmarks that i can look for within harajuku to find the store or limit my search to a section of harajuku so i can find the fatty sign that says pbj

Try this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105967931293452893179.00000111c4a02d931f779

I made this map of denim shops in Shibuya and Harajuku a while ago and it should be pretty accurate. I don't remember the exact landmarks around the PBJ store but the shop is on the second floor with an entrance on the side, so you need to look for the stairs leading up to the shop.

I made this one for some shops in the Daikanyama/Ebisu area, showing the location of Kapital Legs, Kapital Blue Hands, Warehouse, Dry Bones, and Denime. Should keep you amused for an afternoon

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112357160766595403672.00044c3eb6fe49aa1ef0e&ll=35.647707,139.714036&spn=0.016042,0.043516&z=15