Uniqlo Vintage Chinos

doctorgnar

from my untrained eye, the colors are the same as before plus of course black. confusingly, what they label as khaki is a more golden color, the lighter more traditional khaki is called brown or some such bollocks.

anyway, i was by earlier today and they seem to have plenty of the uvc's. the other gems thus far other than tasmanian wool pants (have decided the jackets are, um, pants) are the dress pant cords and block flannels (the latter irritatingly gone - see my post in the "uniqlo slim cords" thread for [not much] more info).

• 2 months later...

Those are not the Vintage, those are 'no-tuck' (flat front I'm guessing?)... different in any case. I took a look and it appears they aren't selling the Vintage on the site.

Leonard Leroy, I don't think they make smaller sizes, I bought mine overseas in metric waist and I'm wearing a pair in size 76cm (whatever that equates to...29 me thinks) and that was the smallest they had, I believe. They may have had a 28 but those go so fast.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes there are 2 different chinos. The "vintage chino" (good) and the "flat front vintage chino" (less good). The former is very true to military chinos with donut buttons, felled seams, and herringbone pockets, while the latter is a traditional chino with a vintage wash (distressing).

I don't think there are any vintage chinos left. At least there weren't any in stock about a month ago. They will probably restock them in the spring.

Yes there are 2 different chinos. The "vintage chino" (good) and the "flat front vintage chino" (less good). The former is very true to military chinos with donut buttons, felled seams, and herringbone pockets, while the latter is a traditional chino with a vintage wash (distressing).

I don't think there are any vintage chinos left. At least there weren't any in stock about a month ago. They will probably restock them in the spring.

what's the meaning of "flat front"? those are on sale by the way. $30 i believe?

New Yorkers, the "Vintage Chino" is in stock, big time. Full wall, all sizes, dark khaki/light khaki/black.

As many have noted, the "Vintage Flat Front Chino" is not a slimmer fit, and there's a full wall or two of these as well. Don't get muddled. These are on sale for 20, so check the price -- it'll be your easiest way to differentiate between the two models.

There may be confusion because the slimmer model is similarly labeled a "flat-front chino" on the price tag. However, the differences are:

a. "Vintage Chino" label on the inside waistband

b. No distressing whatsoever

c. It's marked at 39.99

Rep is appreciated. Go getcha some khakis.

• 1 month later...