eerrrghhh...10 Deep Junglesport Print

onemancult

they make cardigans? is this a sick joke? show me.

EDIT: nevermind i went and saw it for myself. scary.

i dunno what's really wrong with 10 Deep, i just dislike most of their

stuff. and, the people who wear their stuff. usually.

there's a lot worse out there. at least 10Deep can lay claim to having been around for as long as they have.

Not that I'm trying to justify my fiending for that hat, just sayin'........................

i dunno what's really wrong with 10 Deep, i just dislike most of their stuff. and, the people who wear their stuff. usually.

quoted for truth. found a link showcasing everything talked about http://freshnessmag.com/v4/2007/03/19/freshness-feature-10-deep-springsummer-2007/

kinda like the white hoodie with the feather but wont buy cause i dont like the back. oh, the jungle hoodie hella wack.

What isn't that great about the quality? Are you talking about shirts, sweatshirts, hats? Every 10Deep item I've owned/felt/seen was far from low-quality.

I bought the black "deep dots" polka-dot hoodie when it came out. it was one of the last sizes on the rack, an XL, and I was still able to double my money reselling it.

in the short time that it was in my posession, I noted how thin the material was, and how crappy the stitching was on the insides (it was loose in some places, pieces of string sticking out, etc). soo I don't think their quality is top-notch as you claim it to be, and their prices definitely do not justify the "workmanship" you get in one of their sweaters

plus their tee-shirts are sized fucking HUGE. a medium is like a large. and to whoever posted above and said they are constantly innovating as a brand and shit, I don't think coming out with the same chain print in a thousand different colors is exactly fresh

^^^ Interestingly I have the same deep dots hood in an XL and it was also the last one on the rack. I personally see the quality not necesarily as top notch, but flawless. Yes, its a light weight hoody. Not a problem for me... Its cut and sew, with unusual details. I dont think any other brand is selling a similar product for any less. I payed 100, and I don't feel that ripped off.

The main problem with ten deep is that its not mature in any way. I would understand if you feel too old to wear it or something.

they obviously do some outsourcing so the "quality" depends on who they're working with, right?

i have some gingham buttondown shirts from several seasons back (pre "chain gang", when the brand seemed to take a hard swerve into ... something different) which i rather like, they did a dark navy gingham buttondown with pink buttons and trim which is very, very nice. only thing is that the sizing is rather small.

they also did rugby shirts with barbarian rugby which are excellent quality. i also like their five-panel caps - i have a plain grey urban camo one which is nice, a paint splatter one, and a woven hemp one. good stuff!

the quality on the hoodies varies wildly. i have a paint splatter hoody which is pretty thin, cut small, felt weird after the first cold wash / hang dry. but then i got an embroidered "brass knuckle" hoody (from the very next season) which is incredible quality, easily the best hoodie i own and as thick and nice material as some of the wings + horns hoodies i've seen (though the build quality isn't as good)

everyone should listen to the WEEKLY DROP interview they did ... the owner of the brand pretty much says that he designs for the internet. the dudes ask him how come the brand swerved from low-key intellectual hip-hop style (referencing native tongues stuff and reggae) to completely OTT loud, loud, loud style, and his response is that they realized that since the better part of their business was based on the online market and not the brick+mortar market that they'd better market to that.

there's a good bit where he says something like "kids can't see subtle detailing or build quality over the internet ... but you can see a super-loud all-over print on the internet, it's eyecatching and it makes kids want it and that's what we market to"

you know, i should point out that the quality on the buttondown shirt isn't so good. when i said "very very nice" i meant that it looks good and i like the idea behind it and the details. but the quality is only so-so. it doesn't hold its shape well, a lot of the seams are fraying (i've had it for 3 years now, i guess that's not bad), the collar and lapels are totally dog-eared, etc etc. i have to spray it with TONS of starch to get it to hold the shape right when i iron it.

OH YEAH, i also have an embroidered fleece sweatshirt with a hidden pocket. the quality on that is TERRIBLE. it reminds me of the shit my mom bought me from kmart when i was five, the sort of thing a kid could lose/destroy on the playground and you wouldn't feel guilty about it. the stitching on the front is really heavy and intricate and awesome, but the backing on the stitching makes the front inflexible like armor. the crewneck is WAY too wide, the body is cut really short, the side panels are very wide so the sweatshirt bubbles out around your body, the sleeves are too narrow at the ends, the elastic hems and cuffs are too long so it is awkward around the waist and wrists ... basically the sweatshirt is totally lopsided and bizarrely cut, like it was made for somebody with a cartoon chief wiggum body type.

oh yeah, i have a tie dye sweatshirt, sort of bizarre.

to get this on topic: i think the junglesport print cap is REALLY cool in the white-on-white colorway. i hate to drag out a cliche, but people would be freaking out if a certain japanese brand did that ... animal print is a pretty classic look and doing tonal white-on-white is a fresh and current take on it (if not totally unique right now / and i agree the "vibrant" colorway is hideous) ... also it matches well with the current trend towards naturalist / nativist inspired gear.

(also on a related note, everybody LOVES those new supreme "caps" caps but that's just a gimmicky take on a five-panel cap and 10deep have been doing the five-panel for a long time now ...)

and to whoever posted above and said they are constantly innovating as a brand and shit, I don't think coming out with the same chain print in a thousand different colors is exactly fresh

the fits they released w/ a chain gang print were a hoodie in three/four colors & matching tees (and now an m65, which, looks ill).

if you want to talk about excessive, C&C took their dewelz print (and every other print for that matter) to every color possible and rereleased it at least three times...

And while I can't speak for their older wears, before they made such a dramatic change in image, I have their Yacht hoodie from last fall, its cut well (a bit baggy overall for a L), the cut&sew construction is top notch, and it's held up well for the eight months or so that i've had it... I'd say the 95 dollar price tag is quite marginal, especially when compared to other brands of equal or lesser quality.

Guest jmatsu
... just google it. and discuss.

and, talk me out of buying the hat, please, because it is 10 deep. yuck.

tsk tsk tsk. shame on you, onemancult!!

i'm offended that you actually had the audacity to put this in "superfashion" or on superfuture alone. anyway for what it's worth, i agree. 10deep stinks...no brainer.

theyre biting with the animal print first brand i saw doing that was supreme with the timb. field boots now mad streetwear brands are doing it, but thats nothing new. 10 deep is whack. from the logo to the marketing, and the fact its a n00b/poser brand now. That hat is o.d. fuckin visual rape .

tsk tsk tsk. shame on you, onemancult!!

i'm offended that you actually had the audacity to put this in "superfashion" or on superfuture alone. anyway for what it's worth, i agree. 10deep stinks...no brainer.

lol, sounds like this thread should've been in 'supertrash'

10Deep was one of the first to see the all-over print trend and it was widely excepted and copied by other brands. Now they are among the first to also see the trend being over and also to produce stuff for the more mature. Their Spring 07 line shows that pretty well.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/home/the_daily_news/archive/2007/april/07/10_deep_spring_2002_delivery_2_preview/index.htm?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=27&cHash=17fe8fba75

They have crazy colorways, but also more subtle pieces. And I dont get how the same people that complain about the all-over prints, also complain abou them stepping it up and making their new cardigans. I mean, what can you say about a freaking black or red cardigan, with a simple logo embroidery. How can that be bad? Its a simple cardigan!!!!!

From most streetwear brands out there, they impress me the most and they sell out for a reason. Clean cut & sew. There is better quality, but on the other hand, their prices can be justified. Price for value just works for 10Deep!

Guest StuckOnStupid
basically the sweatshirt is totally lopsided and bizarrely cut, like it was made for somebody with a cartoon chief wiggum body type.

"Where can I COP?"

wiggum.gif

hyuck-yuck-yuck....

i say go for it. i don't like patent leather or animal prints but still bought the elephant pack court force lows cos hey, they just work - you know? i would put the tonal junglesport print in the same category. one thing i admire about 10 deep is that they can create totally different effects just by flipping the colors around on the same piece.

btw, i don't buy that loud colors and all over prints = a young look and that toned down colors and any move towards basics = mature. it reminds me of scarlet johannsen's character getting all domestic in ghost world, as if the mere act of doing housework made you an adult.