"I'll sleep when you're dead"

Crillz

Anyone else been putting this on? It's been on heavy rotation for a couple of days for me. Definitely up there with Fantastic Damage, though I kind of feel like El has a habit of shoving all his guest artists to either the very front or back of his songs, and this is no exception, and also, the Trent Reznor collabo was completely unnecessary and lame. I did think the song with one of the guys from the Mars Volta was completely amazing. Aesop collabo was also completely on point, definitely on par with Delorean, if not better, simply for the chorus just being "nanananananana nananananananana nananananaanan FIND THOSE DETONATORS!"

photo.jpg

I didnt like this album when I first heard it, and I gave it another serious listen yesterday and I still dont enjoy it. The only track I can sit through is Tasmanian Pain Coaster. As a whole it sounded like Fantastic Damage Lite.

My first and lasting impression is that the album is geared more towards the Adult Swim/Danger Doom type crowd, instead of the Company Flow fans.

Give it time, the only track I could listen to at first was TPC too, but then the rest of the album totally grew on me, or most of it. I find it interesting the way he's adapted to modern hip-hop styles as well. "Drive" for example, sounds like the beat was lifted from a Diddy single or something, but then you hear stuff like "Mayor Doomberg" coming from his mouth and realize that he'll never ACTUALLY change in a way that matters.

Funny you should mention that since he has been partying up with Diddy lately. Anyway, you're right, Drive does sound like a Diddy single and thats exactly what I DONT want to listen to. The album is so soft and boring, its missing the grimeyness of everything he's done before.

Funny you should mention that since he has been partying up with Diddy lately. Anyway, you're right, Drive does sound like a Diddy single and thats exactly what I DONT want to listen to. The album is so soft and boring, its missing the grimeyness of everything he's done before.

read el's myspace page if you think he's partying with diddy. Are you a rawkus street team member? Just kidding, I think that "beef" was retarded. And that picture of him & Diddy was hilarious. The look on Diddy's face is like, "who are these people I'm gettin my picture taken with?"

But I am liking the new album. His music really is something you have to let sink in over a couple weeks and listens before it reveals all the layers. Supposedly he about maxed out ProTools with all the tracks he was puttin into each song. I was really worried that it wouldn't be good after hearing the Lif album last year. No offense, I like his lyrics, but all the beats (El-P produced) were really weak. Like 2 bar loops, no change ups. But on El's album he got back into his style with the whole cyberpunk, bladerunner feel. The songs evolve by adding more and more layers without too much repetition. But I don't think it's as good as FanDam to be honest. But in my opinion, FanDam is probably my favorite album of all time, so it would be almost impossible to top it. Even if an album had 1 bad song, it would be 1 more than FanDam had.