I dont know what Thomas's travel schedule is like but theres always a chance he could be in or near your town for a convention or guest spot.

yeah we've sent some emails back and forth, and i shot that idea by him. hopefully he does come by sometime..there are two main conventions in the bay area i know of so we'll see. if i had the money i still wouldn't mind going to nyc, never been there and i really would like to check it out...

This is a bit of a vague question, but for those of you who have had serious work done, how do you develop your idea? Do you just go to your artis with an idea and let them come up with a concept? Or do you go along with something more complete and just let the artist interpret that in his.her style?

Hey dude,

I don't post on here often, but i can maybe help you with this. I've got a sleeve that goes on my right chest and a half kimono (back and legs-to-knees). And in 3 weeks i'm getting another sleeve.

I would suggest finding what style you really like. I suggest something timeless like japanese or american. Stuff that never gets old. Spend hours looking at tattoos and the inspiration they get for the tattoos, and it will come to you. For me, I like japanese ink, so I found the best tattooers in that style that i could, and did tons of research and reading. Then you find something that just makes sense for you.

I might not be the right dude to ask, because i don't get tattooes that symbolize my dead cousins dog to remember some bull shit bbq we had when i was seven. I get headhunters fighting samurais in bamboo forests and shit like that.

This is my newest (shitty pic, I know):

tt.jpg

It's based on this post card:

krampus9.jpg

Done by Ernesto at Ink Lab in Minneapolis.

calvin did you get your tat yet

lemme see :< and thu's too :)

Saving (playing fulltiltpoker) so I can fly to Cali and get Nick Chaboya to tattoo me.

looks really good, sorry i didn't get to get my tat with you :< next time

this is my right arm. some barry mcgee drawings and sketches...its definitely different than most tattoos you will see.....

tattoo3.jpg

verbal rep to barry mcgee, thats fucking sick

calvin that tattoo looks incredible. I'm looking for something similar, like an old sketch á la 16th or 17th century or some classic modern art

Just wondering if anyone else has any cool inside joke kind of tat's and what they mean/represent. For example, my ex, my best friend and his girlfriend, we all got "PTN" on ourselves.

A bunch of our other friends were under the impression we were in some crazy bdsm swinger club but it actually stands for part time ninja. (;

One of my old friends and I got a billyclub with BLT below it.

Billyclub, Lettuce, Tomato (a billyclub sandwich) or Bitches love tats hahhahaha

Lol'd. ^^

So my buddy always used to get asked by fat chicks about his cheeseburger tattoo he has on his wrist. He got sick of explaining so he got it crossed out (think.. no walking signs) and now he just tells 'em he hates fat people. He's an ass but I lol every time I see someone walk away with disgust.

23433_1387076316673_1225005298_31143658_4461312_n.jpg

Fine art doesn't usually translate well to tattoos in my opinion, but this was a great choice and executed very well. Nice dude.

here is an update.

4392312947_b27f2eec38.jpg

Finished the first top half of it, for people who have asked who did it.

His name is Paul Samplonius, awesome guy. If you're planning to get some traditional Japanese work done in Toronto, he's the guy to go to.

check him out at http://www.art-ability.com

Lol'd. ^^

So my buddy always used to get asked by fat chicks about his cheeseburger tattoo he has on his wrist. He got sick of explaining so he got it crossed out (think.. no walking signs) and now he just tells 'em he hates fat people. He's an ass but I lol every time I see someone walk away with disgust.

thats awesome

You need to shave everywhere on your chest apart from where he has hair(5)

photo3b.jpg

adam shrewsbury another fine product of name brand tattoo.

20477130077401350216550.jpg

open up your mind!

this is great!

Just wondering if anyone else has any cool inside joke kind of tat's and what they mean/represent.

3500144828_c1716548e7_o.jpg

dd.jpg

1002168x.jpg

3959320767_133de1eef7_o.jpg

7027_141777303010_712913010_2435675_2171503_n.jpg

4246763904_cb3b4a80e7.jpg

Divorce Dog eventually made its way onto this Fall Out Boy greatest hits cd cover

4114225450_88d901bc6a_b.jpg

i got gay tattooed inside my lip when i was 19. my friend was in town on tour and was getting xxx on his lip which only cost 10 bucks. when i heard this i was like 'if i knew it was gonna be that cheap i would have got gay on mine' my nick name being gay chris to some in the detroit hardcore scene for wearing tight jeans and all that. it has mostly faded since and i only remember it talking about joke tattoos.

21974295210012343509342.jpg

My first tattoo. People who don't know what it is think its a joke.

lets see who knows

your cock with sharpie on it