Tom Yak is the man, I hope he's your artist at Electric!!! So I just got a schedule with Duke Riley last night... he's inking my ninth tattoo in March.

What's he doin' for you?

Dude still has to finish my thigh...

I JUST GOT TATTOOED AT ELECTRIC! weeeeiiirrrd.

You can park on 4th (the street at the end of the block that the shop is on.)

no metering... but lately the beach towns have been BUMPIN', so good luck finding parking if you go at night. Otherwise, it's free!

Alright, thanks. Now if I can ever find the time to get over there. I guess that there's always spring break

Tom Yak is the man, I hope he's your artist at Electric!!! So I just got a schedule with Duke Riley last night... he's inking my ninth tattoo in March.

I'm debating between him and Robert Ryan. Both of them do the classic old school style that I like, but I'm leaning more towards Ryan, because of the odd stuff that he's done. Any personal choice or reference?

RobertRyanRobertRyanRobertRyan

Just got this done yesterday, my first one.

Went to Hope St. in Providence, great experience and his lines came out awesome.

mtl2jl.jpg

Not sure what I think about that, it looks well done, I like the original image for reasons unrelated to the music or Supreme, but I don't think I like it as a tattoo...

I actually like it, love the band, i like supreme and i respect the artist.

Would I get it? Prob not.. to each his own.

the "supreme" factor is completely irrelevant.

its the peter saville print that supreme, like many other things, thought was totally rad and used on their tshirts. if anything its a testament to joy division or unknown pleasures period.

looks good man, even if people say its a "corny" tattoo, i wish i had to balls to do that cause unknown pleasures was such an important album in my life.

RobertRyanRobertRyanRobertRyan

I kind of figured out that this was going the be the answer. Come March I will take a ride down and talk to him about getting tattooed.

Scaught, a guy in Cleveland has the same tattoo except he got it as a complete band that extends the flat portions around the backside of his arm... looks hard as hell.

Dig it either way.

Its a awesome design, always fucks me up what the real JOY DIVISION was, crazy WWII shizzle.

if the lines kept going and wrapped about the arm perfectly parallel i think itd fit lots better

heh, i wanted to keep it the same width as my wrist, as i want to extend on this and make it into a themed sleeve of some sort with this being a part of it with a lot of negative space. wrapping around also kinda fucks with that idea.

this guy takes the cake.

tumblr_ktai0kqOH71qzbht5o1_500.jpg

^ haha that tat is sick.

I have 2 tattoos.

Here is the one I have on my side.. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to leave it as-is or do some shading and effects added for the water below. was done by Tim Creed in like 06 as a tribute of sort to my parents who adopted me (both who have since passed since). I picked it from albulm booklet from my favorite band, so I'll see if anyone recognizes it.

Photo1.jpg

the other on my wrist was a mistake and I plan on getting it covered with a vintage mirror and just filling black over it. bleh.

Went to Hope St. in Providence, great experience and his lines came out awesome.

mtl2jl.jpg

you need to step off supreme's dick

in all seriousness, i actually like the placement/size

Daniel Albrigo. Tattoos in NYC. This Joy Division skull is hard.

l_4e53dc9212d84562a2de398f4648b3d1.jpg

If you think the Peter Saville design came from Supreme, you need to get educated so you don't come off like a herb.

^ haha that tat is sick.

I have 2 tattoos.

Here is the one I have on my side.. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to leave it as-is or do some shading and effects added for the water below. was done by Tim Creed in like 06 as a tribute of sort to my parents who adopted me (both who have since passed since). I picked it from albulm booklet from my favorite band, so I'll see if anyone recognizes it.

Photo1.jpg

the other on my wrist was a mistake and I plan on getting it covered with a vintage mirror and just filling black over it. bleh.

Mars Volta

If you think the Peter Saville design came from Supreme, you need to get educated so you don't come off like a herb.

If you think it came from Peter Saville you need to get educated too, everyone steals/co-opts from everyone...

wikipedia 10

The front cover image comes from an edition of the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Astronomy, and was originally drawn with black lines on a white background. It presents successive pulses from the first pulsar discovered, PSR B1919+21—often referred to in the context of this album by its older name, CP 1919.[12] The image was suggested by drummer Stephen Morris[13] and the cover design is credited to Joy Division, Peter Saville and Chris Mathan. The back cover of the album contains no track listings, leaving a blank table where one would expect the listings to be. The original release came in a textured sleeve.[2]

If you think it came from Peter Saville you need to get educated too, everyone steals/co-opts from everyone...

"It's not what you take things from, it's what you take them to."

You should listen to Godard

I have heard from tat heads that Vasaline Intensive Care is supposed to be the goods. I just used pure aloe when i got mine, but they swear by VIC.

fucking late pass on this, but I use that Vasaline IC bodylotion daily on my tat's. think it's the best thing out there. Been using it on one for like three years now and it's still clean and sharp. Not sure if it's good when you just had one done, cause I always use 'nipple cream' (stuff for breastfeeding woman) on them the first two or three days.

mtl2jl.jpg

if anything I think getting your first tat on your forearm is a big mistake.

I hope thats what you want to rep you for the rest of your life.

if anything I think getting your first tat on your forearm is a big mistake.

I hope thats what you want to rep you for the rest of your life.

Im pretty sure he thought of the placement before he got it.

friend of a friend's on FB:

19743_1316676592863_1109187312_991254_6658455_n.jpg

i like the arm and upper back part, dont like the lower back or neck parts...

but cool... i really love solid black tattoos

I love the Joy Division tattoo and the album.

Also I want to get a few opinions on a tattoo idea I've been toying with for a few months... I am a serious musician (music is my life) and I am considering having F-holes tattooed on the inside of my forearms -- yes, the hairless, white, very sensitive insides of my arms. I'm aware of the potential pain but I can deal with it. Anyone have any input on this?

**For those that don't know, F-holes are the sound holes cut out of acoustic instruments, such as violins and cellos, that help the sound resonate. They look like this**

45U-1026_f-hole.jpg

sounds cool. inside of arm hurts more than a lots of body parts but you'll be fine.