grime is ill... having only B&W ink i wonder how some of that color will fade... color is kinda scary to me for that reason.

grime is ill... having only B&W ink i wonder how some of that color will fade... color is kinda scary to me for that reason.

As with any tattoo, the better it's applied the longer it will last. Suncreen is super important. I've seen dudes with proper back pieces from Horioshi where the detail and color is still super crisp 10 - 15 years later, on the other hand there's countless examples of color work going to shit in the sun, from hard living and being applied like shit in the first place.

I stick with black and gray work for a few reasons - it holds up better over time, B&G work has more of a timeless look and I don't want to look like a fucking rainbow when I'm older. This more applies to how I get my tattoos, piece by piece - it allows for more cohesion.

post some of your work boy.

i agree about color, it can go to far.

i wonder about how much affect different inks have on the result. quality ink has to matter no??

i am all black and white, well, my huge tally of 2 tats. but i also think a lot of work i see in the progession stages, when its just outlines looks much better than when its filled in with all the colors of the clown shoe.

shit looks better fucked up and faded anyway!

that grime tattoo came out well, saw it on 12oz a little while back. I'm doing my whole back eventually by him. Stayhandsome they split up yo fyi

collectively, superfuture users are horrible google searchers

JUST SAYING

ffffuuuu nvm no seeders. :(

wasnt clear that he wanted the whole movie. ;0

i remember someone throwing out artist recommendations for script/lettering. was just gonna tell a friend to see thomas hooper but wouldn't mind having some other names to pass along.

edit - in the nyc area

AYYO DAVE when are you going to be in the city again??

I wont be train hopping till mid may now. Must get zapped togever.

the guy who does my tats got to tattoo @ aloha monkey with mike malone and fam.

bao-224x300.jpg

AYYO DAVE when are you going to be in the city again??

I wont be train hopping till mid may now. Must get zapped togever.

As soon as I can, possibly spring break in mid march, otherwise definitely mid may for sure!

Does anyone know how to cover up tattoos? like what kind of lotion do they normally use in theaters, movies etc?

I dont want to wear long sleeves all the time, when meeting with clients.

I'm consdering getting "Good Times" in a basic cursive-type font inside my lip (after what is, quite possibly, the world's best bass riff/disco song). What are your thoughts everyone?

No homo, but the Kat Von D tattoo cover up that sell at Sephora is pretty awesome.

do they sell those online? thanks mate

i remember someone throwing out artist recommendations for script/lettering. was just gonna tell a friend to see thomas hooper but wouldn't mind having some other names to pass along.

edit - in the nyc area

scott campbell at Saved Tattoo does some pretty ill script. he did the 'shameless' on marc jacobs' pec

^ unless you have a tattooer-friend they should be the "shop minimum". Mine was 50 bucks, and how long they last varies from person to person, mine came off right away at first because I think I took care of it really poorly but they touched it up for free and now it looks just like it did the day I got it, and much more than a year afterward.

Hey MyAcademy or Yardbird, maybe you guys can answer me this question.

I've decided to get my first tattoos done at Electric. What's the parking like in that area? Meters on the Street or is there some kind of lot? I know it's a little off topic, but I need to know.

Ive had my lip done, wanted to get a piece touched up but they were closing down so they did the lip as a favor, took like 45 sec and its lasted me the years still with no fading. Ive had friends who's lips faded in a week.

Hey MyAcademy or Yardbird, maybe you guys can answer me this question.

I've decided to get my first tattoos done at Electric. What's the parking like in that area? Meters on the Street or is there some kind of lot? I know it's a little off topic, but I need to know.

I JUST GOT TATTOOED AT ELECTRIC! weeeeiiirrrd.

You can park on 4th (the street at the end of the block that the shop is on.)

no metering... but lately the beach towns have been BUMPIN', so good luck finding parking if you go at night. Otherwise, it's free!

Tom Yak is the man, I hope he's your artist at Electric!!! So I just got a schedule with Duke Riley last night... he's inking my ninth tattoo in March.