Tattoos

Guest Werewolf
Short session due to lack of funding, still made a huge difference though.

before:

l_233fa323fb407752c5942229cd9dba93.jpg

after:

l_5de72b627cbc47fa8b735acb1aaeaf7f.jpg

l_1c87bd493900458086011ba401d1f70c.jpg

much better. i'm looking to get an owl too, actually. not as big of an owl though....

Is is true that a full sleeve will always turn out better when done in one? My parlor told me that. I have been getting some tat's after accomplishing somthing or having a certain experience, to symbolize the event. In the end I would like to have a full sleeve on one arm this way. He told me that it would not look as nice as when you do it in one.

Tattooing a brands logo just seems like a bad idea to me...but to each his own.

As far as doing a sleeve, if its one congruent design, then sure, attacking it as a whole is a good way to go. But if it's a few different concepts I don't see a problem at all with building it piece by piece. I've got something stupid like 6 years spread out over both arms with no similarities between tattoos, but if it's for you and not just "to have a tattoo", then take your time. To me it's more fun getting tattooed because you want something rather than being on a mission to just complete a sleeve.

I would always do a full sleeve at once if possible. It will just look better because you want it to flow down the arm and the sizing of the elements will start to matter

Yeah, exactly. He told me he could do it, when using lighter colors (lots of grey etc.), but it wouldn't turn out as nice.

what do u mean by "done in one"? one session? for a full sleeve????

I mean that you don't make a sleeve out of different tattoo's, but as one design.

Tattooing a brands logo just seems like a bad idea to me...but to each his own.

As far as doing a sleeve, if its one congruent design, then sure, attacking it as a whole is a good way to go. But if it's a few different concepts I don't see a problem at all with building it piece by piece. I've got something stupid like 6 years spread out over both arms with no similarities between tattoos, but if it's for you and not just "to have a tattoo", then take your time. To me it's more fun getting tattooed because you want something rather than being on a mission to just complete a sleeve.

oh, i didn't get it from flathead. my friends all use it as a marking of sort on our cars and it just means a lot. it's just annoying when people ask if it's from wingstop....

what do u mean by "done in one"? one session? for a full sleeve????

Done in one, as in, have it designed and started at one time. No one was implying get a sleeve done in one sitting.

My sleeves were like 15 sessions combined...

My thoughts are that if you have already planned on doing a full sleeve, you might as well get the whole thing designed at one time. I am sure any tattoo artist would tell you that. A lot of people do small designs etc but for the most part, I would say a sleeve that is designed at one time is going to look better.

What would be the reasoning behind not doing it all at one time? The only thing I can think of would be cost, but I would just save up and start the whole thing once I have the money

fhloopwheelblack01.jpg

i've always wanted the wheels with wings as a tattoo. this is the best image i could find of what i want... except with the words genuine and the wheel a bit more detailed.

man at first sight i thought it was a tatoo i was thinking damn that shit is mad.

but the wheel with wings is a nice thing to get tatooed, and it makes sense since you seem to be quite of a rider.

sorry about my manky toes and borrowed thongs. it's real, has faded a bit round the big toe knuckles. got about 4 years ago, got it free in exchange for parking tickets, done in brisbane at all star. the guy fucked up the danzig font baaaad. i also dont understand why the kfc bucket has wings but hey.

haha thats a funny one

i have a couple..i got two when i was 15 with a brother of mine one on the hip and another in the lip.i dont regret them just wish i wouldve gone to anothe artist haha

i got another one in germany with my parents last year..grad present

the thing i have with tats is everyone has their own reasons for getting them, and honestly if they get them just cuz it looks good or "cool", so what? more power to them.i understand ppl are like "omg its permanent! it should have meaning!" but honestly i love my tats for the reason ppl hate them too, their bold and permanent.

i was watching a paul mccartney concert on iConcert HD TV, he had this stickered to his acoustic guitar. made me think about the thread and tatoos. thanks salaryman i wouldn't have known where to get the image.

How about cover up tattoos? Anyone done it? Know of any good artists who do that in NY? The cover up I'd like to do will be in black and it's a design such that I don't mind if a little of the original is visible, actually might even look pretty cool that way.

How about cover up tattoos? Anyone done it? Know of any good artists who do that in NY? The cover up I'd like to do will be in black and it's a design such that I don't mind if a little of the original is visible, actually might even look pretty cool that way.

I dunno about ny but I had a scar covered up from a home made tat haha I had just a friend (tattoo apprentice) cover it up and it looks great now, also its NY there are hella places over there. My brother had his first tattoo covered up and they used primarily black and blue.

How do tattoos go over scars? I have a massive scar on my forearm and I'd heard that they don't take the ink as well.

it will hold fine as long as the artisit knows what he is doing, and if you go to a reputable artist, he/she willl know what they are doing.

plus its a perfect excuse to get the tattoo there haha

I can't recommend anybody in particular who does good coverups in NYC but I'd recommend Daredevil Tattoo if you haven't checked it out already.

http://www.daredeviltattoo.com/