Tattoos

I have been counting the months ~5 months until I (hopefully) get a call about it being my turn with Horitomo. I think I might get a few smaller ones in the mean time, only my impulsiveness and time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

sucks when u think you've got an artist you like booked in but then they stop replying. already sent another email to follow up but no response. should i keep emailing like a desperate ex lover?

it depends.

i was such a noob when i emailed the place i got mine done at... that when they didn't reply after a few days, i just said f-it, i'm in new york now, so i called them. they actually told me the person doing the walk in days...and it was wrong...but they rectify it then and there...i mean, i knew what i wanted and all the artists there are talented so it was no big deal. worked out beautifully actually and i'm looking to go back to get another piece.

so if you're in the area, call or stop by and just be like heyyyy, wanna touch base and see (because they're always busy and i'm sure stuff falls through the cracks) or if they're not close to you, and you planned to travel there, just resend them an email with something light like--"wanted to put this on the top of your inbox :)"

i'm thinking of getting a tiny outline of totoro but add the little black squishies...

25697984402_391a1dbbf9_o.jpg

dunno where to put it though.

i know on my side (left most likely) if theres enough room, i want a mosaic like this and this but of a wolf like husky.... but the left thigh works too if thats better space.

and if i can get an appointment...

Edited by whitney

I have been counting the months ~5 months until I (hopefully) get a call about it being my turn with Horitomo. I think I might get a few smaller ones in the mean time, only my impulsiveness and time will tell.

ain't that the truth.

My most frequented tattoo shop is 5 minutes down the road from my college campus. I get the itch to drive there instead of to lunch at least once a week.

Edit:
A small but decided disappointment, I tried to call into State of Grace to check when I could expect my name pop up and it be my turn.  They couldn't provide me with any answers :(
I am just trying to plan and save my money I hope they can call back with some helpful information.  I dont have much of a life but what I do have needs to be scheduled.

I never posted that Higgs druid at the back base of my heel.  Here is one I just took, I for some reason never remembered. wesAfZu.jpg

Edited by FLDenim211

That Higgs flash is one of my favorites. Was going to get his mummy flash a few months back during a flash event in SF but got something else instead. One of my good friends has this really cool Higgs eye with an arrow through it on his lower arm, also one of my favs.

Top stuff FL, my next one is probably going to be Paul Anthony Doublemen. Great dude and fantastic tattooer. 

Thanks, I got it a while ago when I got a tattoo redone and forgot to post it.  Your Doublemen tattoo will be good, I already know.

Not trying to attack you but, before you get negged into oblivion, my general sense of this forum is for those getting tattoos to show what they got or discuss getting them.  More personal and community building than image sharing.

sry if repost

Edited by FLDenim211

it depends.

i was such a noob when i emailed the place i got mine done at... that when they didn't reply after a few days, i just said f-it, i'm in new york now, so i called them. they actually told me the person doing the walk in days...and it was wrong...but they rectify it then and there...i mean, i knew what i wanted and all the artists there are talented so it was no big deal. worked out beautifully actually and i'm looking to go back to get another piece.

so if you're in the area, call or stop by and just be like heyyyy, wanna touch base and see (because they're always busy and i'm sure stuff falls through the cracks) or if they're not close to you, and you planned to travel there, just resend them an email with something light like--"wanted to put this on the top of your inbox :)"

i'm thinking of getting a tiny outline of totoro but add the little black squishies...

25697984402_391a1dbbf9_o.jpg

dunno where to put it though.

i know on my side (left most likely) if theres enough room, i want a mosaic like this and this but of a wolf like husky.... but the left thigh works too if thats better space.

and if i can get an appointment...

so i was finally able to get a hole of him. booked in an appointment and everything and sent in reference pictures. i went away and came back the day before the appointment and saw that he didn't respond to my email with the reference pictures. so sent another email to check if the appointment was still going ahead and he responds later that night around 11pm saying he can't do it anymore =/ 

what a disappointing interaction with an artist i wanted to get tattooed with. 

and i couldn't just call/rock up at the shop as he was just guesting at my state. 

Next Wednesday I'm getting another! Arm coming is along nicely, I'm excited.

I know it will be good, cant wait to see

so i was finally able to get a hole of him. booked in an appointment and everything and sent in reference pictures. i went away and came back the day before the appointment and saw that he didn't respond to my email with the reference pictures. so sent another email to check if the appointment was still going ahead and he responds later that night around 11pm saying he can't do it anymore =/ 

what a disappointing interaction with an artist i wanted to get tattooed with. 

and i couldn't just call/rock up at the shop as he was just guesting at my state.

Would you mind sharing the artist?

I'm curious because you booked the appointment, was that with the reference pics or did it come after or before the appointment?

I'm new to this game but generally I would think of what I want done and then try to find the artist who would best bring it to life. With my first appointment I had my heart set on this design and found the girl at bang bang who could do it because it's similar to past work of hers. The manager understood this and when that girl was out and I was on a time constraint (coming from west coast) he recommended another artist whose work is similar too and it worked out perfectly.

Some folks want a piece done just because it's that artist, which is cool..but if they're not going to let the artist help develop the piece or altogether do it, sometimes the artist would have to turn it down because maybe it's something they can't do justice for? (The tattoo).

Or maybe he's just too busy and didn't have the courtesy to tell you beforehand he overbooked.

Either way, I wouldn't want an artist that's not passionate about my piece to do it. So maybe it's for the best.

got some sleazy shlaggtats from soto.gang while she was in brooklyn for the week. also finally got another appt with damien thorn when he returns, covering my stomach instead of the chest. super excited and super stressed about the pain. sorry if this image is too large, not sure how to resize.

12931247_10207155751065297_7153172475753

• 2 weeks later...

So this one is older but it's my favorite for a few reasons. It's a Roy Lichtenstein Cubist Still Life, and one of the first pieces of art I was ever fascinated with. Because of all the line work and unorthodox tattooing it took a long ass time to finish (12-15 hours), plus needed to be retouched. The black and red checkerboards around quite a bit.

20160417_184321_zps0t9rak3k.jpg

Here is a link to the original

Edited by thebottomclef