Tattoos

sorry if someone asked this before--does anyone have recommendations for tattoo artists/parlor in manhattan or brooklyn?

totally depends on what style of tattoo you want.

Jap - Rubendall, Beckerich or Odonell

Realism/black&Gray - Stefano Alcantra

i have been tattoed by all these dudes and can presonally vouch for.

ever since the summer I hit up a few artists to get tatted up at the convention, was super excited... Now it looks like I'm not even going to make the convention, gotta head back to LA for the weekend... Really bummed about it.

Might just get something from mxme when he comes up next month to make up for it

yeah no point of getting a tattoo there for me either cuz i dont really like getting a bunch of multiple small pieces. Alot of great artists every year tho.

Speaking of books, Adrian Lee's bloodwook body suits is releasing this month, if you're in san jose theres gonna be a release party i believe. Book is insane

i've gone for the past 4 years. i've always liked checking out all the artists, especially the ones from overseas. i wish it was still in san jose (since im a lot closer to san jose than san francisco) but its not that big of a deal.

i've tried to get hooper to do something for me since i do not have the money to fly to nyc and get a tattoo. hasn't worked out yet, maybe one year...

i'm excited to look through the body suits book, the last one was insane. from the photography to the actual book itself

I got a big tattoo last year from Todd Noble at the SFO convention. Had to move 1/2 way though because of the power blackout. Great experience and a fucking great tattoo. Whoever says it's not a good idea to get a tattoo at a convention has probably never been tattooed at a convention.

Was at the Analog bloodwork bodies book release on thursday...book is insane, two hard cover books...super nice photos and incredible tattoos. I believe its still on display if anyone is in san Jose, its at a gallery on 1st street. One of my favorite pieces is from Jim Miner, medusa back piece...majority of the pieces are Japanese work tho.

5482385563_dc60e0dc0a.jpg

Heading out to the convention in sf soon.

I got a big tattoo last year from Todd Noble at the SFO convention. Had to move 1/2 way though because of the power blackout. Great experience and a fucking great tattoo. Whoever says it's not a good idea to get a tattoo at a convention has probably never been tattooed at a convention.

actually i go to san diego one all the time because my artist usually has a booth. maybe the power surge might be another reason to not get tatted at a convention.