Real nice tattoo Sera. How many more hours of work do you think it will take until it's finished? And what's it gonna cost you when it's all done?
damn i was thinking it was tebori too, but that seems impossible in 8 hours. nice one!

that teal color is amazing!

thanks, guys. the artist mentioned that it'll probably be another four to five hours, so come october we're going to try and finish it off in one go. It was meant to be finished in Milan but the jetlag got to me and I could only manage three hours.

It's done with a regular tattoo machine, but Shige does work really fast.

Yeah, I love the colour, though now it's more of a dark green, he did a fair amount of purple during the second session. I have no idea what colours it's going to end up, but I trust his judgement :D

thanks, guys. the artist mentioned that it'll probably be another four to five hours, so come october we're going to try and finish it off in one go. It was meant to be finished in Milan but the jetlag got to me and I could only manage three hours.

It's done with a regular tattoo machine, but Shige does work really fast.

Yeah, I love the colour, though now it's more of a dark green, he did a fair amount of purple during the second session. I have no idea what colours it's going to end up, but I trust his judgement :D

you have any more up to date pictures?

Okay! wow I made the decision. Going to get my first tattoo sometime like June 10th.

Um, just a question : what to expect on the actual process? Is it really that painful or is it just nothing? Have no idea bout tattooing so yeah. Thanks guys!

it's a needle being jammed into your skin over and over for hours on end.

of course it fucking hurts. how much depends on your pain threshold

Really depends where you get it. Ive had work done on my finger, wrist, forearm, shoulder.

Wrist hurt the most

Where you recieve the tattoo will alter the pain for sure. My most sensitive part that I have had tattooed was the top of my shoulder, where there is pretty much only bone, muscle and some skin and what seemed like a shit ton of nerves! lol

Other than that, I would call the pain close to something like a bee sting, just it's over and over.

To be completely honest, I like it. But don't fret, it won't hurt nearly as much as you think it will.

Bee Sting. Ugh. I hate that feeling. I once found this bee that I thought was dead during a dumbfuck boring lecture in school, so I went on and made it a little cascet (Yeah, I know), picked it up and i was stung. Hurt like fuck.

Anyway, that's stupid. so yeah, It's okay. Looking forward to getting it done. Thanks to you guys and to this thread!

Post pics when youre done

it fucking hurts so much!! don't do it! i cried non-stop for like 2 hours while it was being done... and then i cried when i got home! and then it took like a friggen week to get that damn henna off of my skin...

Don't do it? Nah, I think it's going to be worth it. It's part of it.

Um.. I'm going to get a "no regrets" thing as well. I've been wanting that on me since forever.

Hey notesee..

"No Regrets" .. I know one of the sufu members has the same tat but yeah I want it too.

So, I'm just interested... I want to see your first tattoos!!!

Post some pics and tell the story!

Taki and Jill have done some great work over at State of Grace Tattoo in San Jose. A friend of mine has dropped at least 10 grand there working with Taki.

that's because he apprenticed under horiyoshi iii! i love his+jill bonny's stuff. wish i could've gotten mine done there.

What are some good tattoo studios in NYC? I'm looking to get my first piece done..

www.nyadorned.com

Chris O'Donnell's studio, I've not been to NYC but I've seen Shinji's work in person and it's amazing. Thomas Hooper also guests from time to time.

sh_1064_01.jpg

that teal color is amazing!

thats dope work done by shige from yellowblaze in japan ......

img1127pt7.jpg

Not particularly happy with it tho

It's latin and it says we must all die ;) (the streets)

It's latin and it says we must all die ;) (the streets)

actually it means 'remember you will die.' hence the word memento ===> a reminder, keepsake, souvenir (which is french for remember)

Thinkin of getting some work done by him as well.

Do you know what you're going to get yet?

I actually thought the direct translation is Remember to live

But I only heard the song after I got the tattoo

I actually thought the direct translation is Remember to live

But I only heard the song after I got the tattoo

mori = 'to die' in latin ===> hence the word moribund, about to die

your translation, while not literal, is not completely inaccurate either, since 'remember you will die' could be taken as an exhortation to live life to the fullest while you can -- remember to live now, because you are inevitably going to die

btw, the term predates the song by a couple millenia

Do you know what you're going to get yet?

Chest/collarbone.

3 letters

3" tall a piece.

In the sickest most gullyist gothic font I've ever seen. The letters are made of cathedral pieces and spires, complete with gargoyles, ghouls, and snakes.

The fine line work will be so intense that I need someone who is both skilled in classic americana and lettering, but interested in working with the idea and really seeing it through, cause I want to adorn it with some pinstriping and perhaps wings or roses if you can vizualize that at all.

I'm thinking Sacred, Or invisible are right up my alley. Adorned has a girl whose work I liked alot too.