Tattoos

Straight up copying a tattoo is a big faux pas. Don't do it. Get inspiration, tell your artist about what you want, let him make sketches etc. Do not bring a pic of another dude and say "copy this".

EDIT: Checked out fuckyeahtattoos. If you're just copying some famous artist or a freakin band logo or whatever, of course you can copy it.

thats a great looking piece. the kind of thing you want to be seen by you and others. outer arm/back of arm

my thoughts exactly. steve byrne is heading over to perth in january and i'm hoping to grab a couple sessions with him. i think it'll go on the forearm :D

If anybody is traveling to San Francisco and wants tattoos let me know, I'm the shop assistant at Skull & Sword and could help you out with getting an appointment.

also if any of you happen to be in the bay area the weekend of the 22nd, 23rd, 24th you should check out the San Jose Tattoo Convention (it's the biggest convention in North America) because my boss Grime is releasing his book Iron Will that consist of his work in the last 10 years.

39992_105605216164054_100001437274331_48051_5901046_n.jpg

9hrs w/ 3 breaks totaling 45mins. i'll never do another single session like this again.

icon10.gif

i think that people often underestimate how long black work can take. when i was 15yrs old i spent 16hrs in three sittings on a haida sun on my back, and though it was a big shocking tattoo at the time no one believed that it took so long. 13 years later they still don't

If anybody is traveling to San Francisco and wants tattoos let me know, I'm the shop assistant at Skull & Sword and could help you out with getting an appointment.

also if any of you happen to be in the bay area the weekend of the 22nd, 23rd, 24th you should check out the San Jose Tattoo Convention (it's the biggest convention in North America) because my boss Grime is releasing his book Iron Will that consist of his work in the last 10 years.

you going to be at the convention? i'm planning on going at least one of the days. let's have a mini sufu meet. haha

i met grime a few years back at the SD convention with the awr guys and he was a cool guy. didnt know he owned skull and sword wouldn't mind getting work from him. also saw mike giant in sf a few weeks ago on Valencia, I wanted to ask him about tattoos but didn't want to bug du' while he was waiting for lunch.

39992_105605216164054_100001437274331_48051_5901046_n.jpg

You replaced Clay? I got a tattoo from Grime in January, top notch dude. I'm stoked on the new book too, how much is it going for? If I've got enough left over from getting work done at the SF convention I'm going to pick it up. His first book was legit, this one should be amazing.

Sorry for the half naked men in advance. These are just some tattoos I like and I would get.

Really digging Roger Huerta's Victorian era (?) pattern in red, along with the latin words coming down. Not overly manly, but not dainty.

huerta.JPG

Love Eduardo Telles' octopus tattoo that's supposed to represent his grappling prowess. The realistic and straight badass look of the octopus, coupled with the idea behind it just does it for me.

3223880061_7006589a35.jpg

Lendo - who did that tattoo? I'm from Richmond and can't place that work. Maybe Drew at Enigma?

Ross Trimmer over @ True Tattoo. He's a friend and frequent rider w/ the cab company i work for. Just did this Lost piece on another of our drivers:

62041_1633798962719_1169035414_31802051_892969_n.jpg

Part of what i'm told will be a much larger piece, he's actually getting it worked on before i head in there today.