Tattoos

Nice man. Are you Brazillian or you just like the message?

Thanks! I'm not Brazilian, I like the message and a lot of the culture (mostly music) created during the movement, it also reminds me of a lot of important things I learned when I was studying to be a latin americanist.

Well the whole thing is black (which is always a good thing as far as aging is concerned). I'm just not sure that it can maintain that same level of detail over the next 45 years in your life. I've seen a lot of tattoos turn to blobs.

It's a concern of mine as well. Some of the small spaces in the font and in the torso were tattooed with a mix of white ink to match my skin tone and help prevent blurring and make the details pop a little more. If it turns into an unfixable mess late in my life I would probably just turn it into a solid sleeve or band...

nope, I'm in montreal. artist was in town for the weekend, otherwise I have to go to nyc. Another ~4 hours today.

what did you get, dark?

Coolness....I got a gothic kaleidoscope pattern on my shin. I'll show it to you once I see you on aim!

Thanks, it was done by Vinse at Liberty Tattoo in Seattle. I've gotten a few things from him now, he did the eagle I posted a bit ago. He works quick which is awesome.

Bailey is one of my favorite artists, I hope to go to the eastcoast and get something by him some day.

41187_1568837989829_1501830053_31465122_1938782_n.jpg

My first traditional piece... went to the great Mario Desa here in Chicago @ Belmont Tattoo Co.

Looks great, starfighter! Desa is the best to go to for traditional stuff in Chicago! Mario, Harlan Thompson <--(my artist), Tim Biedron and Jason Vaughn in Indiana a few months ago.

Heres a link: http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/article_967fd33a-015d-5822-8586-783b00cd51c8.html

Really cool exhibit, check it out online guys. Just sketch upon sketch pinned on the wall.

41187_1568837989829_1501830053_31465122_1938782_n.jpg

My first traditional piece... went to the great Mario Desa here in Chicago @ Belmont Tattoo Co.

Looks great, starfighter! Desa is the best to go to for traditional stuff in Chicago! Mario, Harlan Thompson <--(my artist), Tim Biedron and Jason Vaughn in Indiana a few months ago.

Heres a link: http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/article_967fd33a-015d-5822-8586-783b00cd51c8.html

Really cool exhibit, check it out online guys. Just sketch upon sketch pinned on the wall.

Harlan did my first tattoo ever. Good artist. Jason Vaughn has did my half sleeve (it's back in this thread somewhere).

Harlan did my first tattoo ever. Good artist. Jason Vaughn has did my half sleeve (it's back in this thread somewhere).

Need an artist recommendation from you guys... Looking to get some japanese shit done on my leg. I live in Milwaukee but I'd have no problem traveling to Chicago to get some work done, I was wondering who the best japanese artist in that area is?

don't know about chicago but Kore Flamo is in Cincinnati if you're willing to trek farther.

he does amazing traditional japenese and other shit as well

http://www.plurabella.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest on-display

Is it weird if I see a tattoo and like it enough to get it? Not necessarily outright copy it, but use it as my inspiration. As long as it means something to me. A good artist would be able to draw something up for me if I brought in some pictures right?

I don't see any problem with it, if you follow blogs like fuckyeahtattoos there are tons of people with the same or similar tattoos. As long as you think you'll never meet the person you're copying/drawing inspiration from, because meeting someone who has the same tattoo as you would lead to some awkward times...

Nothing is ever really "original" anyway.