Tattoos

2.5 hours with simon morse at alc clothing/tattoo in wellington. we ran out of time and have an another hour session to add shadows and more colour. it is a custom piece based on my instructions. simon is one of my favourite comic book artists so when i found out he took up tattoo i had to get something from him.

Artist based in Wellington, New Zealand. my career consists of mostly working for comic companies in America and Japan and drawing twisted pinup girls for illicit clothing. I also illustrate CD covers, posters and dabble in advertising. Companies I have worked for Include... Kitchen Sink Press, DDD Japan, Verotik,Dark horse comics, Illicit Clothing, Hell, Odessa, Horror Story, Fat Freddy's Drop, Urbanist media.

simonmorse.jpg

simonmorse2.jpg

once we are done with this i want to get a custom pin-up girl and another piece from him.

This picture was taken directly after my tattoo was finished. Done by Bailey Hunter Robinson in Brooklyn. I can't say enough nice things about him. I don't know much about vintage Levis but he was wearing selvedge Levis from 1947, a super nice chambray shirt, Vogel boots, and a selvedge apron. I'm not sure if he's interested in chatting about denim or vintage/repros but his outfit was on point and go see him regardless.

oicbb9.png

This picture was taken directly after my tattoo was finished. Done by Bailey Hunter Robinson in Brooklyn. I can't say enough nice things about him. I don't know much about vintage Levis but he was wearing selvedge Levis from 1947, a super nice chambray shirt, Vogel boots, and a selvedge apron. I'm not sure if he's interested in chatting about denim or vintage/repros but his outfit was on point and go see him regardless.

Bailey has come into Self Edge NY before - we chainstitched a pair of overalls for him. He's definitely up on things.

Nice tattoo!

I feel like I'm seeing more and more people with tattoos and now it's getting to the point where it makes me want to not get one. Seems like whenever I'm on this thread, I can't wait and I really just want to get on it but then I go to the gym or something and it's just hundreds of short asian guys with dragon tattoos.

I'm going to head into Skull and Sword tomorrow and if the sketch comes out as perfectly as I want it, I'll get it.

I feel like I'm seeing more and more people with tattoos and now it's getting to the point where it makes me want to not get one. Seems like whenever I'm on this thread, I can't wait and I really just want to get on it but then I go to the gym or something and it's just hundreds of short asian guys with dragon tattoos.

I'm going to head into Skull and Sword tomorrow and if the sketch comes out as perfectly as I want it, I'll get it.

Meh, people with bad tattoos just make me happy I have good ones. I like what I like, and I'll be dammed if other people with bad taste are going to stop me from getting what I like. I'm the one who has to live with it.

Hopefully your sketch comes out as you want it to, Ec.

I wouldn't stop getting tattoos because so many other people have them, but at the same time I empathize...it's really annoying how many people have them.

I think getting them in places that you don't see often is a good idea. Go get your ribs done or something, hardly anyone has large tattoos there.

so you guys just got tattoos because you thought it made you more unique?

lol

+Rep. That was what I was trying to say.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I get tattoos to embrace a tradition that has been around thousands of years. When I get tattoos I go to artists I respect, and it's less about what I get and more about getting an accurate representation of the artists style. 40% of people in the age range of 18-40 have tattoos so I don't think that anyone is getting tattoos to be unique.

http://i34.tinypic.com/oicbb9.png

I just love your tattoo, this is exactly the type of tattoo I would like for my first ink.

So I've talked about it before but I'm finally getting tattoed this Sunday. Getting the below image on my right arm above the bicep. I'll post pictures when it's done.

sejamarginal.jpg

So my tattoo is now all healed up and I'm ecstatic with it. Not sure the pictures will do it justice but the detailing is great and I couldn't be more pleased. I got it done at Arrows and Honor tattoo in Glastonbury,CT by Alana Lawton.

049.jpg

th_050.jpg

Click for big.

I'm fucking awful at taking pictures but whatever, this should give some idea haha.

two days in a row and about ~6h at the same spot on my back. It's pretty brutally bruised and uncomfortable.

kinda hope tomorrow will be on a new part.

U in LA homie?, just got my 10th ink on my shin 2 weeks ago

So my tattoo is now all healed up and I'm ecstatic with it. Not sure the pictures will do it justice but the detailing is great and I couldn't be more pleased. I got it done at Arrows and Honor tattoo in Glastonbury,CT by Alana Lawton.

049.jpg

th_050.jpg

Click for big.

I'm fucking awful at taking pictures but whatever, this should give some idea haha.

I don't mean for this to come from a bad place, but I'm concerned with how that is gonna age.