Tattoos

Here is my half completed full sleeve. A different spin on Holly's usual brush style, this time bringing in the block print style. It surrounds the tattoo I already had on my forearm (an Alchemical symbol for Gold, designed by Isaac Newton, in case anyone cares). Definitely something different, and I'm excited by it so far. But from what I've seen out there, certainly unusual, compared to other Asian styled tattoos.

Brush-Paint-Sleeve-session-1web.jpg

Now I just have to make another trip out to Boston to finish it.

Any suggestions on a good place to get work done in Boulder, CO/Denver?

holy shit, there is sufu life in colorado. i thought i was the only one.

as far as tattoos go, phil bartell at rising tide is by far the best. my wife and all my friends go to him. everyone has always been happy and he's a super cool dude. don't think i'd let anyone else in boulder ink me up. i've heard both good and bad things about Boulder Ink, probably depends on what artist you get. go to Phil though, hands down the best in boulder. they've got a new studio on 30th and walnut.

long before i got my first tattoo, i wanted to get this as a backpiece, but i went for another direction than japanese, so i had to let this idea go.

someone should do this !

32k89f.jpg

woodblock print, 1845.

I have been looking for a sleeve idea. I think the skeleton over the two samurai dudes would be awesome!

So for a year i have had a GREAT artist friend of mine thinking about a design for my upcoming B day in 2 days. the appointment is booked, he says he has ideas, but the thrill of not knowing is also cool to me.

I told him if he knows its a home run, just to do it and i will see it when its done, if not, to have three choices of something else...

what are peoples thoughts on this? should i just dive in knowing my friend will bring heat, or do i need to check it, i am on the fence, as i see both as good options, and i am not so scared he would fuck me, so, i feel trust... anyone with storys like this?

i actually did the same thing with my good friend not too long ago and the tattoo ended up alright, nothing too gnar. it's the native american/bear on my thigh i posted awhile ago. i'm not that stoked about it but knowing it's from someone that's a good friend is pretty rad. btw, your homeboys art doesn't really translate well into tattooing.

i actually did the same thing with my good friend not too long ago and the tattoo ended up alright, nothing too gnar. it's the native american/bear on my thigh i posted awhile ago. i'm not that stoked about it but knowing it's from someone that's a good friend is pretty rad. btw, your homeboys art doesn't really translate well into tattooing.

do you have a pic of this finished? it was looking pretty cool as far as I remember.