Tattoos

oh shit I wish you had a closeup. I would definitely just get the horse. Getting the title and rest of the cover isn't even an option, I'd rather have a little piece of the cover to stand in for what the book means to me. Idk, I just think the horse would look pretty cool. If you could get me more pics of that dude's tattoo (might be weird to ask him haha) I'd appreciate it, I've never seen it done.

A good friend of mine has the carousel horse on his stomach/ribs area. This is the only picture I can find of it.

n715371412_241419_7005.jpg

Not the most original idea maybe, because other people may have it, and the artwork isn't original. On the other hand, it isn't very common, either.

Here's a maybe (probably) stupid question that's been talked about before. How do you guys deal with people asking you about your tattoos? I feel like if I got something with personal meaning it would just be awful trying to explain it to people, trying to convey your feelings about something that they most definitely don't care about or won't understand.

This is one of the things that's been holding me back from getting something.

all my tattoos have some awesome meaning and story behind them.. and I love telling people about them, if they care then that's cool, if not whatevs!!!

another

the black part of this could be cool too. I'm probably just bullshitting cuz I'm stoned, I doubt I'd ever get a tattoo.

get the horse chasing the dude !!!

any recommendations for good online image references for japanese back pieces? or artists who have a lot of back pieces in their online portfolios?

looking for inspiration - something that would flow well with my other work (hannya and snake, skulls, severed head and snake)

any recommendations for good online image references for japanese back pieces? or artists who have a lot of back pieces in their online portfolios?

looking for inspiration - something that would flow well with my other work (hannya and snake, skulls, severed head and snake)

peep Shige at Yellowblaze Tattoo. the link is somewhere buried in this thread

Jap work-wise, Horiyoshi III is one of the masters, dude has a huge body of work, at the forefront for traditional Japanese tattooing:

015.jpg

Someone already mentioned Shige, super vibrant and detailed work, more of a modern approach:

sh_1105_01.jpg

Can't talk Japanese without mentioning Mike Rubendall:

26.jpg

+ a personal favorite, Matt Shamah. Does rad, dark traditional American tattoos, plus really bold and classic Japanese work. Daniel Albrigo's back:

l

Not at all comprehensive, but some of the more well known people doing amazing work.

Jap work-wise, Horiyoshi III is one of the masters, dude has a huge body of work, at the forefront for traditional Japanese tattooing:

Someone already mentioned Shige, super vibrant and detailed work, more of a modern approach:

Can't talk Japanese without mentioning Mike Rubendall:

+ a personal favorite, Matt Shamah. Does rad, dark traditional American tattoos, plus really bold and classic Japanese work. Daniel Albrigo's back:

Not at all comprehensive, but some of the more well known people doing amazing work.

Thanks - already familiar with all the artists you mentioned. actually have a couple of pieces by rubendall myself. great guy to work with.