Tattoos

gg - no prob..shit man, you're good to go either way...heard good things about regino and lookin at chris' book blew me away.

notesee - thanxxx. thinkin about a snake wrapped around a cross(maybe upside down), maybe somethin that has to do with magic the gathering since i used to play that shit hardcore...lots of ideas...

goldengloves... could you even get work done by chris o'donnell if you wanted to? I planned on getting my chest done by him 4 years ago, until I found out he had like a year long waiting list. I ended up going with Kaz at NY Adorned and he did an amazing job.

Shit, it's up to a year now? Wow. I remember when it was months, if that. Well in that case, probably not.

Kaz looks like a good artist from looking at the stuff online. Never seen any other work though. Thank you for the heads up Neuman; BTW, how's the pricing at Adorned?

Thanks Neuman. I'll definitely call them this week as I have to start to lock down a date to get this done.

Seems like $180 is the going rate these days (if not higher for certain artists). Man....tattoos are expensive...

Starting to get psyched to finally start planning this out, it's been about 2 years of constant drawing and thinking....

What are you getting anyway? (spare me from reading this entire thread)

Looking to do a back piece. Traditional Japanese style; Two ShiShi dogs (also known as Chinese Lion) with cyrsanthemum throughout, and my father's Budo name (what he received when he passed). The background to be the clouds, etc.

Hoping to get the whole outline done while I'm there.

Holy shit, you should totally do it tebori style if you're gonna get a japanese back piece! They do that there, too.

At Adorned? My plan was to get it tebori style, so that would work out great. I'm gonna call them today and see what kind of openings they have.

Neuman- Anyone you can recommend?

I think only or two of the dudes there do it. But I mean the shop is super respectable, so you aren't gonna find a bad artist there.

ALSO I just remember I have this NY Adorned VIP card thing that they sent to my magazine that's an offer for 10% off all tattoo work. I don't know if it's considered tacky to use this, but it's not like a newspaper clipping or anything, it looks more like a giftcard. I can give it to you if you want.

I think only or two of the dudes there do it. But I mean the shop is super respectable, so you aren't gonna find a bad artist there.

ALSO I just remember I have this NY Adorned VIP card thing that they sent to my magazine that's an offer for 10% off all tattoo work. I don't know if it's considered tacky to use this, but it's not like a newspaper clipping or anything, it looks more like a giftcard. I can give it to you if you want.

Neuman, that would be awesome!

Also glad to hear everyone over there is a great artist, I know I've heard some good things from a few friends of mine.

Man, I wonder if they could do a whole Tebori tat in one sitting....shit. haha

Yeah Kaz is rad. He did my chest in like 6 hours... It didn't even hurt!

Neuman-

I've got work scheduled to be done by Kaz in January. Second half of a sleeve started by Taki from State of Grace. Geisha girl done from elbow down to wrist. Am I in good hands selecting Kaz?

My buddy once received a free 3 hour gift card at NYA, he used it, totally not tacky at all. I can't believe it's super hard to get an appointment there now. Used to be only a wait time of 2 months..... now at least 6. I guess all the artist have becoming cult superstars now.