Tattoos

Real nice tattoo Sera. How many more hours of work do you think it will take until it's finished? And what's it gonna cost you when it's all done?
damn i was thinking it was tebori too, but that seems impossible in 8 hours. nice one!

that teal color is amazing!

thanks, guys. the artist mentioned that it'll probably be another four to five hours, so come october we're going to try and finish it off in one go. It was meant to be finished in Milan but the jetlag got to me and I could only manage three hours.

It's done with a regular tattoo machine, but Shige does work really fast.

Yeah, I love the colour, though now it's more of a dark green, he did a fair amount of purple during the second session. I have no idea what colours it's going to end up, but I trust his judgement :D

thanks, guys. the artist mentioned that it'll probably be another four to five hours, so come october we're going to try and finish it off in one go. It was meant to be finished in Milan but the jetlag got to me and I could only manage three hours.

It's done with a regular tattoo machine, but Shige does work really fast.

Yeah, I love the colour, though now it's more of a dark green, he did a fair amount of purple during the second session. I have no idea what colours it's going to end up, but I trust his judgement :D

you have any more up to date pictures?

Where you recieve the tattoo will alter the pain for sure. My most sensitive part that I have had tattooed was the top of my shoulder, where there is pretty much only bone, muscle and some skin and what seemed like a shit ton of nerves! lol

Other than that, I would call the pain close to something like a bee sting, just it's over and over.

To be completely honest, I like it. But don't fret, it won't hurt nearly as much as you think it will.

Bee Sting. Ugh. I hate that feeling. I once found this bee that I thought was dead during a dumbfuck boring lecture in school, so I went on and made it a little cascet (Yeah, I know), picked it up and i was stung. Hurt like fuck.

Anyway, that's stupid. so yeah, It's okay. Looking forward to getting it done. Thanks to you guys and to this thread!

it fucking hurts so much!! don't do it! i cried non-stop for like 2 hours while it was being done... and then i cried when i got home! and then it took like a friggen week to get that damn henna off of my skin...

I actually thought the direct translation is Remember to live

But I only heard the song after I got the tattoo

mori = 'to die' in latin ===> hence the word moribund, about to die

your translation, while not literal, is not completely inaccurate either, since 'remember you will die' could be taken as an exhortation to live life to the fullest while you can -- remember to live now, because you are inevitably going to die

btw, the term predates the song by a couple millenia

Do you know what you're going to get yet?

Chest/collarbone.

3 letters

3" tall a piece.

In the sickest most gullyist gothic font I've ever seen. The letters are made of cathedral pieces and spires, complete with gargoyles, ghouls, and snakes.

The fine line work will be so intense that I need someone who is both skilled in classic americana and lettering, but interested in working with the idea and really seeing it through, cause I want to adorn it with some pinstriping and perhaps wings or roses if you can vizualize that at all.

I'm thinking Sacred, Or invisible are right up my alley. Adorned has a girl whose work I liked alot too.