Tattoos

When I was... oh... 10 or so, I told my dad I wanted a tattoo. And he told me if I ever got a tattoo that I should get one of my penis tattooed above my penis (pubic area-abdomen area) so when I get older and fatter, it only gets bigger.

i want to see robot tattoos.

mark my words all, come september 26, ill have my own picture up in this, already know what it will be, its a secret though.

When I was... oh... 10 or so, I told my dad I wanted a tattoo. And he told me if I ever got a tattoo that I should get one of my penis tattooed above my penis (pubic area-abdomen area) so when I get older and fatter, it only gets bigger.

maybe this guys dad had a similar idea? maybe not..

back_tattoo.jpg

I'm 19 and I want to get my first tattoo...

It's just daunting.. I really want one but I have so much ideas like lots of designs I really like but I don't know which one.. and I don't think I'm gonna get more than 1. So this is the one and only tattoo ever.

I Need advice!

Make it personal god damnit :)!

Off topic kind of but:

Just in case anyone is confused, I'm not Rome. He's a friend of mine and I gave him one of my extra Niketalk accounts. So, don't go into Flight Club asking to see "Rome's new tattoo". Hahaha, Actually it would be kind of funny. I can imagine his reply, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

Dunkin's right. I remember I used to get random IM's about sneaker sales all the time.

Wow. That's expensive... Anyway I'm still contemplating.. I mean I want it, I've been thinking about getting one since I was like 15. I'm just totally unsure... just the fact that it's going to be for life. How'd you guys get over this stage and finally do it?

Any experiences in your professional lives like a tattoo being a hindrance and all?

Well I am rather spontaneous, so when I got my first one in Hawaii at 17, I just walked in and told the dude what I wanted and got it. From then on I have given thought into all my tattoos and put meaning into them, so I will never regret a thing, it's a part of my life just like a scar or a story.

But if you are still unsure, then I recommend waiting till you are. There's no rush and tattooing is always going to be there for you when you want it.

The problem with just choosing ONE and ONE only is that when you transcend through life, your views change, your life is different and so that corresponds to what you might want for a tattoo. This is why people say they are so addicting, because there is no limit to art, you can get whatever the hell you want really.

Cheers. Oh and $100-150 is cheap or average atleast. Some of the top (or hyped) artists charge 250-500 an hour and have waiting lists for months and months.

Well I am rather spontaneous, so when I got my first one in Hawaii at 17, I just walked in and told the dude what I wanted and got it. From then on I have given thought into all my tattoos and put meaning into them, so I will never regret a thing, it's a part of my life just like a scar or a story.

But if you are still unsure, then I recommend waiting till you are. There's no rush and tattooing is always going to be there for you when you want it.

The problem with just choosing ONE and ONE only is that when you transcend through life, your views change, your life is different and so that corresponds to what you might want for a tattoo. This is why people say they are so addicting, because there is no limit to art, you can get whatever the hell you want really.

Cheers. Oh and $100-150 is cheap or average atleast. Some of the top (or hyped) artists charge 250-500 an hour and have waiting lists for months and months.

good answer. I agree on the waiting front, I've known a lot of people to just pick anything so that they have a tattoo, and it almost always ends up being crap/something they regret.

I pretty much just went straight up to the artist who did mine and asked for a big phoenix on my leg while he was appearing at a tattoo convention. I think when you find the ideal design for your first ink you'll happily jump straight in.

Oh, and, the most popular/best tattoo artists' waiting lists can extend to four years in advance (filip leu, shige, etc). So you want to do your research on exactly who you want to ink you and how you're going to pin them down long enough.

That was very well said goldengloves! You're awesome- I'd say! Thanks for that. Wow- made me smile. Cheers mate!

I'm sure one day (this June) I'll just wake up and tell myself, okay, I'm gonna get a tattoo.. as what I've done with most things/decisions in my life. And most of those instances I walk away with a smile on my face and feeling all giddy.

I already have (2) designs in mind.. And I've been contemplating about them and making sure that I really "feel" them and are meaningful to me as a person, going through this life - of course, the aesthetic bit of it too.

So yeah, thank you golden.

No worries brother. I'm assuming one day it will just 'come to you', so to speak. Also, if you take those designs to an experienced artist, they may open yours eyes to something you didn't even think of! So do some research (you have some incredible artists in NY) and like you said, one day it will just be the right time.

Seraphim- Your tattoo is incredible by the way. I just saw it in one of the supertrash threads and I must've missed the initial post, but the work, from what I can tell, is top notch. Not to mention I love a woman with tattoos.... :)