Tattoos

Don't - the last thing you want to do is overexpose your tattoo to the sun as that's the primary cause of fading and shitty-looking tattoos (apart from shitty initial work of course)

I usually just throw moisturizer with UV protection (or sunscreen, whatever) on ink I get done in the summer.

Only time I get can it done... don't make the $$ while I'm in school for that stuff.

But yeah, sun + tattoos = rough going, thanks for the heads up!

Iand as far as neck tattoos. unless you can cover them daily they will always affect someone's opinion of you. that is exactly why i have mine.

I'm pretty open minded - I like tattoos, many of my friends have many tattoos, including on the neck and hands - but when I meet a stranger with tats on the neck or face, I usually give them a second look to see if they're okay - i.e., if they're prison tats or if the tattooee is missing teeth, shows other signs of instability... etc.

Neck/face tattoos are often intentionally chosen to send people the message that the tattooed person may be dangerous. If you're getting a tat on the neck, realize it isn't just future employers that may be put on guard. I think they can look great - but they can also make you look like a scum bag. Just a thought for the 18 year olds.

^^ what if youre a good person, etc. but you just happen to like tattoos on the neck/face/hands and you naturally have bad teeth? haha, kidding.

i want something on my neck someday... after i finish this sleeve atleast.

Beatle

how come you removed the top line from the devanagari? presuming that really is sanskrit..

Did'nt really remove it..this was written by a tibetan monch....I guess there are quite a view ways & signs for this one....

:)

Buddhist chant...very complex...check google and omani ped mi....

that was kinda cool i just googled, (well im using firefox so its more like highlight, right click, search web for) 'omani ped mi' and the first result was this post and topic.

ive been wanting to get a koi for aroudn 2 + years now with my brother, weve been through a lot together... but i dunno i kept thinking how will the two tatoos recipricate each other...

i was thinking maybe like we each get 1/2 a koi but the whole head is there.. so when we put the two tatoos together it makes a double headed koi..

i know this might sound reallly stupid.. but i like the idea however i dont want to disrespect the koi.. you think it would disrespecting the koi/nature?

ive been wanting to get a koi for aroudn 2 + years now with my brother, weve been through a lot together... but i dunno i kept thinking how will the two tatoos recipricate each other...

i was thinking maybe like we each get 1/2 a koi but the whole head is there.. so when we put the two tatoos together it makes a double headed koi..

i know this might sound reallly stupid.. but i like the idea however i dont want to disrespect the koi.. you think it would disrespecting the koi/nature?

personally i think that'd come out looking horrible..half a fish but a whole head?

just get something matching

something i thought about doing when i got my koi was doing it black and white...but having it half underwater and half above water..if that makes sense...you and your brother could both get a koi but each one of you has a different above and under water..and one going up and going down....if that makes sense......

something like this

sh_0980_01.jpg

so basically u and your brother have the same tat but the yin and yang of each other....

something i thought about doing when i got my koi was doing it black and white...but having it half underwater and half above water..if that makes sense...you and your brother could both get a koi but each one of you has a different above and under water..and one going up and going down....if that makes sense......

something like this

sh_0980_01.jpg

so basically u and your brother have the same tat but the yin and yang of each other....

yeah im really feeling that idea man

Alright, for those of you with ink on the neck or hands, what type of jobs are you holding down? I work in a casual work enviorment, tshirt and jeans are cool but i'm thinking of crossing over to a network (post production, still a casual enviorment). My arms are just about fully sleeved and I want to work on the hands or neck. Your input please.. Thanks.