Tattoos

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone recommend good spots in barcelona... know of LTW but tryna see if theres other low key spots I can do a walk in.

Check out @victor_chil on Instagram, amazing artist from Barcelona.

Here is top half of my sleeve done by Richie at Power Tattoo in Durham.

9e8717205b69204a6b366afe1478005f.png

guys, sort of off topic question;

how do you pronounce guy le tatooers name? 

when i referred to guy as 'guy' to sophie, she didn't know who i was talking about and corrected me and said it was 'lee'.

then when i met this other tattooer here, he said it was 'ghee lee'. 

i should've asked the man himself, but yeee...

anyone know how to pronounce his name/what is his name?

bad lighting and still a bit shiny/cracked, but here's something i got from philip yarnell:

JtmQKan.jpg?1

on my thigh and wraps a little.

so you ended up getting a hold of him? how long did it take for you to organise everything with him?

whats the opinion of homemade tattoo on a artist ? they probably hate it right ? just curious

like if you have home made tattoos and go to get tatted by an actual artist? They don't really care as far as I've experienced. Most are just happy you're paying them. Plenty of great tattooers have the worst scratcher art all over their body from when they were younger. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got a big first world problem right now! I'm debating which one at Smith St to book an appointement with for my trip to NYC in September! I'm calling the shop tomorrow to set up the appointement! I think I'll end up with Eli or Steve, og maybe both!

what about krak lol

they're all good man, who did you book with?

I like his stuff as well. I just narrowed it down to those two! I called and it was too early to book a September appointement. I'll call back in a couple of weeks! I'll book with Steve. And maybe try to do a walk in at Adorned, with either Ashley or Brad!

• 2 weeks later...

Dex star I think the better question is who will have open spots?? haha That is awesome, but lots of those artists continue working on pieces at that show each year. Since so many only come to the states for that show. My first choice would be SHIGE if you're intro traditional Japanese work. But give us some more info on what type of work you are wanting to get and that'll help people reccomend artists.

-Edwin

Most artists that I've emailed in the past about getting tattooed at this convention usually had openings. 

I even went up and talked to Deno and he said I could get a spot that day, but I didn't have the cash.

Once the full list of artists is up ill make a decision

Im interested to hear who you guys know and like that are goinna be there... other than the big names. shige, hooper, etc.

Edited by Dex_star

Guys! I need som help. What the tipping etiquette like in the us?

I like to tip about 20% - I like to reward a good job, and also, Hopefully help guarantee good work from the same artist in the future.

I like to tip about 20% - I like to reward a good job, and also, Hopefully help guarantee good work from the same artist in the future.

Thanks for the reply! Here in Norway we don't tip at all, so it feels kind of weird tipping! I usually bring something to eat though!