Tattoos

I am going to be a day late to get work from Myke Chambers, I am so sad but I am going to try again for October.

For my third appointment with Annie Frenzel in march I need some advice. I got the outer and inner side of my calves done (see above). A small spot on the backside of the calve remains and the kneecap plus a liitle space below. Which spot should I choose?

I think that it makes more sense to get the calve done, as it's all from the same artist then. But I'd need a motive that is long but not too wide. I could get both kneecaps by her or by another artist later. On the other hand, the spot at the knee is bigger and I'd like to get that done first. Opinions?

Edited by Max Power

Some aftercare advice: Got my 1st large piece a month ago and certain parts still seem dry especially the red color. Does red normally take longer to heal? I've been using unscented cetaphil lotion 2-3x a day. It still feels tight at times and looks noticeably dry. Am I worrying over nothing & using the right product? Any feedback? Thanks!

Some good work in here, hoping to get something from Koji soon.

Can't say that I experienced colour to heal slower than black. But I learned that the healing process is completely done after 2-3 months. And some tattooers say, that colour can be judged after 6 months at best.

My aftercare method might be questionable, but works out perfect for me: for the first 10 days I keep the tattoo under a foil, changing it three times a day and adding a small amount of lotion. It doesn't dry out, doesn't itch, and I don't get scabs or cracks anymore. After that I just add lotion when it feels dry.

Edited by Max Power

I just leep it under plastic for like the 12 first hours!(over night), and then I was it with a mild soap. And I add lotion 2-3 times a day! Works fine for me! I usually get a lot of scab though! But my skin is really delicate!

i must have some thick skin or something because i hardly bled at all from that giant demon on my chest. went home without any dressing at all. 

that said, i wash it twice a day with cetaphil soap in the shower, coat it with a+d oitment the first half a week or so while it still feels fresh and tender and healing, then do away with that and just keep it lubed up with aveeno lotion twice a day for like the next three weeks or so.. i guess i may heal quicker than others? then again, i have virtually no color anywhere on me so i cant speak to anything about color.

And didn't you find that the scab takes out colour? I got some blind spots there. Didn't happen to me at all since I changed my treatment. Even the huge black parts are healing totally fine.

Yeah! I get some blind spots in big black parts! The color usually heals better, but I got some small blind spots! Need to get it refilled! Nothing too much though.

how i usually do it

-leave the plastic on for couple hours or overnight when you first get it

-wash it under HOT water (heals better IMO and faster) for the first two days

-Apply Aquafor (love this stuff) the next day after getting it for about three days

-Lotion everyday after that

That is my method verbatim.  The ink takes really well to my skin too, I heal slower but never bleed out much at all, I haven't scabbed, and I don't notice dryness if I stick to that ritual.