Tattoos

Not too sure if it's serious but a slight rash made of really small blisters appeared around one side of my new tattoo. It's just a bit itchy. Should I be worried? Can't really find too much info online but I'm guessing it's a possible allergy

Edited by tu_madre51

^Sounds reasonable. I've had some ideas that were pretty settled and some rough sketches, all turned out to my liking cause I went to the right artist who was good at the style I was after.

^^However, if you're just thinking of starting with a tattoo cause you like the look, I'd advice not to go for a visible spot (arms!). Sounds strange, but you will probably want more afterwards and learn a lot about other styles and artists. I know a lot of guys who would want to remove the first tattoo to start over again. I do as well, at least, I determined with my first one on the upper arm how the rest of the arm would look like, as I didn't want to mix different styles on that arm.

Make sure, that it's a motive that is somehow linked to you or that you can identify with, so you can stand behind it after years. E.G: Stars and chines signs are best examples to a totally random motive that somebody got just for the sake of being tattooed in 2006. That's not the road to go. But don't overthink it, just make sure it's a decision you haven't rushed or been pushed into.

Edited by Max Power

Actually I was in contact with Guy for my legs and would have gotten the appointment. But I decided against it, for the sake of a matching look on my body. I think I can appreciate somebody's work and style without getting it myself, but it was a tough decision.

I'm in the exact same spot - except with a chest piece. Surrounding artwork is colorful japanese style tattoos, which I think are close enough to Guy's style to work well - in my head, at least. What style are the rest of your tattoos that dissuaded you if you don't mind me asking?

I've got two. I did both myself. No regrets.

PhotoSep1154502PM.jpgPhotoOct04104642PM.jpgPhotoSep1332014PM.jpg

They're not the prettiest things but I love them because they're of my own making. My friend from high school was trying to give me shit saying things like "you know you can pay people to do that for you lol". She has 3 chinese characters on her body. Anyways, I'm proud of these guys and might go over them soon just for ink's sake. I do have a plan of getting a professionally done one on my thigh when I get the cash, but it's no rush.

Thanks guys. The funny thing about my Fernandez Tattoo is, that it still looks really black, it didn't turn to that greyish tone that my other black ones got after a short period of time. I'm sure this one will outlast every other Piece.

@ Tres: thank you, but actually I feel like my english hasn't evolved much since I left school - 12 years ago. But it's kinda easy to hide behind common language in Forums. (When I discuss denim in german I find myself using english words.) Back on track: getting two more big pieces this month. One coloured, one black & grey. Looking forward to that. 

Edited by Max Power

Going to book an appointed with Tony Tox here i Oslo tomorrow! Hopefully he'll have time soon!

I also booked a trip to NYC in september. Planning on getting something while there. Not too big.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for something traditional, or neo-traditinal! I really like many of the artist at New York Adorned. But I'll gladly take suggestions!

^good question of which i'd like to know the answer as well. going to be roadtripping the US in summer for 6 weeks. thinking about contacting mike chambers...his word is dope!

also i'm going to have another appointment with my artist 3 weeks from now...looking forward to it!

Edited by ThinFinn