Tattoos

Anybody got any recommendations for LA - Black and grey, hand drawing style ala Duncan X, Liam Sparkes, Phillip Yarnell etc. 

Here for two months, and feel like getting something and just want to make sure its in a similar vain to my other stuff. 

I'm in the same boat as you but SF has a good amount of artists that do black work if you don't mind the drive. First stop as soon as I get to go back to California. Eric Jacobsen at Idle Hand, Michael Bennet at 2Spirit, and the rest of 2Spirit do black work, too.

Got a new appointment with my tattoo artist in Nowember. Just too many ideas right now to choose which one to go for!

Cancel it..

Nothing worse then not knowing what you want and getting inked..I only have moko so there was little say in it for me( and I been blessed with a brother from another mother inking me But I have friends whose tats seemed like a good idea at the time and now are in laser or under  cover ups

Cancel it..

Nothing worse then not knowing what you want and getting inked..I only have moko so there was little say in it for me( and I been blessed with a brother from another mother inking me But I have friends whose tats seemed like a good idea at the time and now are in laser or under  cover ups

No, it's not like that. I know what to get. Just not what to do this session!

I'm in the same boat as you but SF has a good amount of artists that do black work if you don't mind the drive. First stop as soon as I get to go back to California. Eric Jacobsen at Idle Hand, Michael Bennet at 2Spirit, and the rest of 2Spirit do black work, too.

I got a couple pieces from Erik... he does good work... pretty fast too

I got a couple pieces from Erik... he does good work... pretty fast too

Yeah, I heard he's pretty quick, too. I talked to him for a bit when I was in SF and he was really cool. I had an appointment with Michael at 2spirit but stuff went down and he had to cancel day of. I'm thinking of going to both of them when I get back in January, though

Eh, some people really don't dig that sorta shit but I really like mandalas and the such. I'm kinda of a tanner dude so I'm gonna try to stick with black work. Dillon Forte is in the bay and has some pretty cool stuff, too. I was hoping to get some forearm work done but the workplace is changing the rules about shit you can see in a t shirt

Do you know of any places that do similar black work to Michael and Erik in LA? I've been looking but can't find shit

Edited by tu_madre51

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my last appointment with him I booked a bit over a month before the date but it got canceled. I'm not too sure how long it is at this time because he knew I was gonna come back. I'd guess the wait for him is no more than a couple months if not less

Talked to my friend who did the piece I'd posted last year, he's back in town for the convention again. Hopefully we'll do some fill in and background on that and try to work it down to my forearm he had done 15 or so years ago.

Edited by Lendo