Tattoos

don't know which shop he'll be working at as he'll be travelling here. saw his schedule, thought i'd email him and try to book in a spot wherever he will be working. 

EDIT: he finally replied to my email saying he'd like to do the piece i want but to email him again in november lol. 

i got a medium sized piece from him last week. emailed him one month prior to his arrival and ultimately said to just stop by the shop when he arrives. i emailed the shop separately too, few days before he arrived, so when he got there the shop immediately prioritized me for consult. never emailed him anything about the actual design. came in the cosultation and got dibs on the early dates. very easy to book him, just make sure to call the shop as well.

overall chill dood, he's very fast too. im a bigger fan of his friend raf. i got 2 big pieces from raf. if you're into the dark, metal gore stuff he's the man. guy has ventured into the tibeten hindu syle, not my cup of tea but he will on occassion still tattoo stuff like from his earlier days. gl

i got a medium sized piece from him last week. emailed him one month prior to his arrival and ultimately said to just stop by the shop when he arrives. i emailed the shop separately too, few days before he arrived, so when he got there the shop immediately prioritized me for consult. never emailed him anything about the actual design. came in the cosultation and got dibs on the early dates. very easy to book him, just make sure to call the shop as well.

overall chill dood, he's very fast too. im a bigger fan of his friend raf. i got 2 big pieces from raf. if you're into the dark, metal gore stuff he's the man. guy has ventured into the tibeten hindu syle, not my cup of tea but he will on occassion still tattoo stuff like from his earlier days. gl

thanks! ye, i guess i'm a bit anxious because the last time he was down here, i missed out. he didn't reply to my email and i didn't know which shop he would be tattooing out of. when the shop finally advertised that he would be tattooing there, i emailed them and they said he was already booked out. how did you find out which shop guy would be tattooing out of? 

awesome, i love tibetan art. i will check out raf. 

well he mentioned the shop location in his email only when he got to america. but prior to this, raf's assistant already mentioned to me where he is tatooing. raf and guy are inseparable so i called the shop and they confirmed guy's guesting and placed me on the waiting list. i've heard guy is very elusive, i understand ur excitement. guy is still here til the end of aug. i will be visiting the shop maybe next wk, raf is taking photos of my healed pieces. where do u live,? if i see guy il ask him what shop he will work at. they are one of the nicest tattooers iv met, very accesible ^^ 

well he mentioned the shop location in his email only when he got to america. but prior to this, raf's assistant already mentioned to me where he is tatooing. raf and guy are inseparable so i called the shop and they confirmed guy's guesting and placed me on the waiting list. i've heard guy is very elusive, i understand ur excitement. guy is still here til the end of aug. i will be visiting the shop maybe next wk, raf is taking photos of my healed pieces. where do u live,? if i see guy il ask him what shop he will work at. they are one of the nicest tattooers iv met, very accesible ^^ 

ye, i heard people that have 'booked' in a spot with guy only to not hear from him when the time came. 

i'm in melbourne, australia. he won't be visiting here till February next year, so i assume he could potentially not know where he would be tattooing?

thanking you! 

• 3 weeks later...

soooo i have been thinking about getting my first tattoo. any tips for virgins? good places to go to in Melbourne? any good sources of inspiration? best place for your first tattoo (like on your body)?

I am definitely more inclined towards geometric based shapes rather than pictures but definitely open to anything you guys could suggest!!

• 2 weeks later...

yo kiya lemme buy that appointment off you..

If you're really interested email me and i'll see if i can get you a spot.

I'll be in Japan during King of Tattoo this year!! The woman I booked my tour with said we will be going for one of the days. My mind is blown! All of my favorite artists in one building.

SHIGE/TOMO from YellowBlaze

Horiyoshi III

Horikitsune

Mutsuo 3 Tides

Akatsuki from Red Bunny Tattoo

Mr Big Sleeps

Wido de Marval

Yushi Horikichi Takei

1009857_499464356807202_1206688176_n.jpg

Hi, can anyone recommend any areas around NYC for tattoo shops? I heard St Marks has a lot of tattoo shops but i dont know which one to choose

there's many recommendations for shops in NY that are already mentioned in this thread. do you have a particular style you are looking for? for shops i'll just mention a few, saved tattoo and three kings in brooklyn (williamsburg, greenpoint), ny adorned in the east village, etc. etc. i personally vouch for saved, they have artists with various styles and the atmosphere is chilled out, they're always joking around with each other and having fun.