Tattoos

While I'm here, I might as well share my latest ones. Excuse the flesh. And don't ask for meanings (though there are some).

Cheers!

DSC02832.jpg

DSC03330_zpscfde7355.jpg

shoulda sumhow incorporated yr nips into tha tattoo.  they could been like berries or flesh flowers or somethin

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys get tattoos for a certain meaning? I'm looking into getting a tattoo within the next two years (yeah long time away) but I don't know what I should get and if it should have a meaning or not.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just get what you like.

I've never really been one to think of tattoos but occasionally I'll get really amped up about them.

After browsing around this thread I've been thinking of hypothetical tattoos that I'd want to get done sometime in my life.  The question of "what" has always been difficult but I found inspiration in my childhood hobby of weapon design.  To be honest, I don't know what my fixation was (probably just too many video games) but it's stuck with me.

I whipped up some stuff in my sketchbook and have just been thinking about how people would place these and if they would ever consider getting them done.

tumblr_motn1ly9FO1qb6n6eo1_1280.jpg

I'm thinking a few either vertically or horizontally striped, a long one down the back of an arm, in a circular formation on the back, etc.

Let me know what you guys think.

I like it a lot (in fact I've been thinking about a similar mandala on my kneecap, but it might become something else). Who did it? And is there green or grey in the middle spots (colour looks a bit off in the second pic)?

it's by thomas hooper.  i never really imagined i would ever get any work like this.  almost everything i have is traditional, but i was really lucky to get the opportunity to get a tattoo from him.  i actually remember emailing him to try to get a tattoo from him when i was 16...so it feels cool to have something from him.

and it's all black and grey.  the innermost segments surrounding the center flower bit aren't outlined.  just shaded in.  just hard to see in the photos.  sorry to go on and on~

Edited by ADH92

Out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait to get to see Hooper? (hopefully not since you e-mailed him when you were 16...)

my boss is friends with him so i kind of just took an open appointment time he had - i guess i scheduled it around a month ago.  he's leaving ny for austin, tx in the next couple months so i would imagine he'll be busy for a while finishing stuff in ny and then getting to all of the texas tattoo nerds that have wanted tattoos from him

It's crazy that now that I'm 18 I can actually get dope tattoos.  Not sure if looking at this thread is a good or a bad idea... I love all of the traditional stuff on here (mainly for the color.)  I'm guessing that americana tattoos are over-represented on sufu? I feel like I never see stuff like this on people just walking around

i know literally nothing about tattoos, but i can tell you that people on sufu generally have a higher sense of taste in the things they like. if they like tattoos, they'll seek better artists and have more of an appreciation for it as an art form than your average "person just walking around".

is that the inner elbow? is recovery a bitch for that placement?

sry for the late reply...but yes, it´s the left inner elbow! recovery went actually pretty well i have to say. no problems at all.

if i find the time, i´m gonna post a new pic of it during the next few days!...

curious how long/how many sessions it took for this tattoo?

looks fantastic!

it's by thomas hooper.  i never really imagined i would ever get any work like this.  almost everything i have is traditional, but i was really lucky to get the opportunity to get a tattoo from him.  i actually remember emailing him to try to get a tattoo from him when i was 16...so it feels cool to have something from him.

and it's all black and grey.  the innermost segments surrounding the center flower bit aren't outlined.  just shaded in.  just hard to see in the photos.  sorry to go on and on~

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys get tattoos for a certain meaning? I'm looking into getting a tattoo within the next two years (yeah long time away) but I don't know what I should get and if it should have a meaning or not.

best way i know how to answer this is to let you know that life isnt that serious

if you want something blasted on you, then get it; whether it "means" something to you or not

sitting around critiquing the 19 year old kid with a black panther on his forearm isnt going to get you anywhere. theyre just tattoos go get one

or dont

• 3 weeks later...