Tattoos

Anyone able to recommend a good artist in SF for blackwork? Will be in the area in April.

check out 2 spirit tattoo.... Nothing but black work, I'm a fan of Michael Bennet... Also, I have a couple pieces from Erik at Idle Hand who does a lot of black n grey, not exactly black work, but does a lot of dot work and mandalas

^^ lol

been going to mike bruce at inksmith and rogers every two weeks to finish my arm. got these two pieces yesterday as well as another little bug in my ditch.

8625119196_051b16091d.jpg

also got a rose and a hannya mask in that similiar bold traditional style on my bicep a few weeks ago. ill post pictures of those later.

• 2 weeks later...

this was my last one a few years ago, kind of pissed me off how she bent the spokes now I'm either going to have to go over them again of laser them off and redo it in that area.

5891317717_5fe42ea954_z.jpg

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

Question: I'm going to a new artist and he asked me for a $300 depost (gladly paid it) so is that what his hourly rate is going to be? I never actually asked him what his rate was haha. I'd rather not say who he is but hes one of the top guys you can go to here in NY.

Question: I'm going to a new artist and he asked me for a $300 depost (gladly paid it) so is that what his hourly rate is going to be? I never actually asked him what his rate was haha. I'd rather not say who he is but hes one of the top guys you can go to here in NY.

A deposit is a pretty arbitrary number and doesn't necessarily represent an hourly rate. Just ask what he charges an hour. $300 would be super steep.

^ some points were actually pretty chill and I enjoyed'em somehow, but most of the work done, I had the feeling that if I'd grab the couch just a tiny bit tighter that I'd rip the whole thing apart! shit really wasn't funny ^^

Edited by ThinFinn

Who's the new artist? Usually shops here only ask for 100 deposit, and they're rate is about 150-200 an hour. I know the best (Japanese) artist here charges only 200 an hour.

Where's Johan at?

Post photos!