Tattoos

Just got this the other day at Archive Tattoo from my friend Dave. One session so far. Just have to do a quick 1 hour session to finish it off with a little shading in the face and adding the scarf colour near the chicks chin. Super happy with the outcome and really looking forward to my next 3 sessions for other tattoos I have booked with him.

425373_10150608153015912_500780911_9145202_331716764_n.jpg

just got back from a trip to NY and a visit to Bert Krak at Smith St. Love it, but sadly due to (I assume) my shirt rubbing while healing, I have had a fair bit of colour drop out of parts. Am going to get it touched up once as soon as it's healed by someone at home... Lesson learned.

sucks to hear mate. I've had that happen before (ditch of my arm) and the artist is long gone and won't be back in my city for ages. post a pic if you have one, would love to see it. saving up some cash to head over to nyc to have eli quinters add some more pieces to my arm

I didn't take any pictures of it in the parlour, so the best I could do at the moment would be some nearly healed up ones (with the missing colour). Thinking I will probably head in to see Luke Muller at True Love in Brisbane to see if he will fix me up. He did some work on my brother that looks nice, plus he's apparently a pretty good guy.

I was tossing up between what I got from Bert (a rose) and a dagger from Eli. Bert barely won... Eli does some great stuff. Wish I was ready for it when he visited Aus recently

Edit: Decided to just post a current picture. sort shitty but the best I can do at the moment. i'm at about 12 days now. The red is what has mainly dropped out.

S2SJ1.jpg

HA. just realised what this may look like. I want to be clear that it is my upper arm, not upper thigh

Edited by woody^^

Fuck, I am worst healer for tattoos ever. There is always one spot that gives me trouble. Most of this is healing well except for the hair between the earring and face. That area has suck a nasty scab. I am sure it is nothing that can't be touched up when I finish her off next month but shit I really have to stop drinking the nights before my long sessions.

Just got this the other day at Archive Tattoo from my friend Dave. One session so far. Just have to do a quick 1 hour session to finish it off with a little shading in the face and adding the scarf colour near the chicks chin. Super happy with the outcome and really looking forward to my next 3 sessions for other tattoos I have booked with him.

425373_10150608153015912_500780911_9145202_331716764_n.jpg

haha i know, i know. it's just knowing it isn't spot on, you know? plus this was my first so i imagine i'm going through the newbie freakout.

well and truly caught the bug though.

Pop back into the shop and see if the artist can do you a favour. I was offered free touch-ups within a year of the tattoo being done.

Pop back into the shop and see if the artist can do you a favour. I was offered free touch-ups within a year of the tattoo being done.

i believe he was visiting nyc from out of town.

on that note, a tattoo from bert krak is next on my list for sure. he owns a shop in queens that isn't far from where i live; i think it'd be fun to get it done there instead of at smith street.

haha yep, popping back in would cost me several thousand bucks I sure as shit don't have (anymore).

sup AJ? I was the australian guy that got some skulls repaired and RingRings hemmed.

small world! looks like you made all the important stops in NYC.

Sick thread. I'm booked for a tattoo end of april with John Roberts, a local tattoo artist in Calgary. He's been getting lots of attention the past year.

I lost a kidney when i was 16. The idea is to get a realistic(non traditional) life size depiction of a kidney with a dagger going through it with a grim feel. For daggers i have in mind a fairbairn sykes blade:

FairbairnSykesReplica-AlMar-Sakai.JPG

Any ideas? Or sounds good? I'm east indian and I think katara daggers are dope, but i dont know how it would work with a detail cross section of a kidney.

Some of his recent work:

398567_10150634558202565_198251677564_11417327_709437203_n.jpg

394808_10150634561552565_198251677564_11417336_553162452_n.jpg

404865_10150634560912565_198251677564_11417335_1913106410_n.jpg

Posted · Hidden by Dex_star, February 27, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dex_star, February 27, 2012 - No reason given

So I would usually just brainstorm with the artist on placement and what not, but I guess I'm being pretty stubborn on this one. I want this on my shoulder, but the artist recommends putting it inside my arm instead because of the size and stuff. I played around in photoshop and came up with this... Does this look bad? Should I just listen to my artist? I know I'm being hard headed on this one, but I've been on this piece+placement for a while now so figured I'd ask some other opinions before I go with it...

56609991.jpg

Few pages back I posted about a project [based on tattooing ± body modification] Im seriously trying to get off the ground and I want to thank those who did contact me. Dont worry guys I havent forgotten Im just trying to get the details ironed out. Im really serious about getting this published (Its starting out as a final year Uni project) but im really pushing to continue with it for a couple of years, I need for it to be just right...but for now Im currently waiting approval from an ethics committee (something all of the proposals need to go through)

ok im rambling now, basically I need more volunteers and if you are willing to help a brother out please contact me and Id be more than happy to give you more info on what its about , I would greatly appreciate it...anyone who does help in any way will be accredited.

Fingers crossed part of this project should be taking me to NY this summer too, so anyone across the pond give me a shout!

Edited by chawdretto

My artist, Matt Shamah, will be in NYC from April 3rd - 15th if anybody is interested in getting something from him. I'm pretty sure hes gonna be a guest at Kings Avenue or Daniels Albrigo's Three Kings. Just a heads up for NY folks

anywho...some tattoos

Jill Bonny of State of grace

6945538393_a4ef76baf7.jpg

6945538425_728d146313.jpg

Matt Shamah

6945538409_5127493c4a.jpg

Horitaka of State of grace

6945538433_6d1737b0f3.jpg

Henning

6799447032_ac0d40ee8b.jpg

Edited by 1995chardx

yeah state of grace is incredible. Best place for traditional japanese along the whole west coast!! without a doubt! gonna be headed there this summer to get something done, i've been wanting to go there since 09' I have just been deciding on what to get this whole time. idk what happened between horitaka and horiyoshi 3rd, and what made him not further his apprenticeship, but long live horiyoshi!