Tattoos

do any of you du's have skin conditions at all? i have eczema on some parts of my body, as well as really general sensitive/irritable skin in general which has put me off getting anything for years. i am mainly worried that my skin will have a bad reaction and it will then cause my skin and the ink itself to look terrible. most of my friends have work done but none are in the same boat.

Edited by conqueror

conqueror - I have eczema too on some parts and have really sensitive skin especially when it comes to metals. I spoke to two dermatologists before I even went to the tattoo shop and they gave me the green light and said I should be fine. So far I have two pieces and have had no reaction. I chose to black and grey though as a safer route as I know some people have had allergic reactions to color dyes. You should be fine with black and grey but if you're thinking of doing color you should ask your artist to do some spot testing for allergic reactions. I might actually do some spot testing for red during my next session next week. Good luck

I recently got a scar on my back that is either keloid or a hypertrophic scar. A dermatologist classified it as a keloid scar, but its far smaller than what I've understood keloids to be. any way, I also have a 10x6" tattoo on my back that healed normally, and the back apparently is more risky.

is anyone thats prone to keloids have work done? Im not sure if im prone to keloids, but I do have one so that kinda worries me.

i don't think i'm prone, but i do have a small burn scar that resembles a keloid (slightly discolored and raised). last year when getting a tattoo i asked the artist if he could do one that covered the scar. his main concern was how fresh the scar is. mine was from a cigarette burn 15 yeras ago, so it wasnt anything to worry about. the scar took in ink just fine, and there have been no problems with that tattoo. the way a tattoo is applied is different enough from the type of wounds that cause scars, so i dont think u need to worry too much about that.