Tattoos

Hey guys, I need some help and was wondering if thou can lend your hand out to a fellow sufu-er. Basically I'm working on a project that loosely revolves around the (brief)history of tattooing x modern day perceptions regarding the tattooed individual. If ANYONE is willing to help please please PM me, you would be helping alot.

P.S. There's also a possibility that this may get published and whoever helps shall be credited, promise!

if i want a piece with some big just black parts on it, like blackwork i guess? will a tattoo artist charge as much for that as for "artwork" do i get the blackwork done at the same place i'm getting the art done or do i go somewhere cheap for it? i kind of want to black out a big part of my arm and get flowers on some parts of it...

i just don't want to pay $150 an hour for blackwork if theres a better way that won't leave an artist hating me for it.

alt question: getting "what ever" tattood on my knuckles, is that just really stupid because thats another thing i'm thinking about doing right now...

yeah lots of dumb ideas wassup...

if you are questioning whether it is stupid it means it is stupid. just because black work is just a tattoo with no colour doesn't mean it is easy. i have seen some shitty solid black tattoos from artists that have an uneven hand. in the end you get what you pay for. you don't necessarily have to pay $150 an hour but approaching a tattoo artist from a strictly monetary point of view is retarded.

if i want a piece with some big just black parts on it, like blackwork i guess? will a tattoo artist charge as much for that as for "artwork" do i get the blackwork done at the same place i'm getting the art done or do i go somewhere cheap for it? i kind of want to black out a big part of my arm and get flowers on some parts of it...

i just don't want to pay $150 an hour for blackwork if theres a better way that won't leave an artist hating me for it.

alt question: getting "what ever" tattood on my knuckles, is that just really stupid because thats another thing i'm thinking about doing right now...

yeah lots of dumb ideas wassup...

Black parts with flowers? Not sure what you're trying to convey here. The knuckle idea is stupid too. Dont do it.

Edited by Augustus

ok first, thank you for the answers

its not that i'm approaching it strictly monetarily, just asking and just i'm poor and can only approach art from certain angles... yeah i know thats dumb but what is life idk

i kind of changed my mind anyway about that black parts and realized what i want will be really hard to do anyway so... yeah. not afraid to pay just afraid because i have friends who could theoretically do the black parts etc... but they aren't exactly the best tattoo artists just kids who apprenticed at shops... i mean, i have a tattoo from one of them and its fine (kind of fucked up in some parts but such is life)

anyway rambling but okay thanks

also idget what you (augustus) mean by "not sure what you're trying to convey here" sorry

the knuckle idea everyone says is stupid... i've considered putting a lot of dumb things on my knuckles (my last pseudo-serious idea was to get "BULGAKOV" tattooed on them lol...)

Edited by OCEANSECT

I remember someone posted a supercool, superminimal and elegant tattoo on this model chick on her neck or inner forearm.

It was in the supermodel fashions thrad but anyway it was like a really skinny V, sort of spread out... reminiscent of like a gullwing. if any of you guys know what I'm talking about... it'd be cool to see versions or stuff similar to that.

The closest representation I can find of the design is on this pill sorry :eek:

g6sHM.jpg

a lot of inspiration in this thread. here's my typewriter, about 3 years old now. it's a royal typewriter circa 1930s (without the ribbon covers), famously used by writers such as ernest hemingway and tennessee williams.

IBjQhl.jpg

Edited by mapz