Tattoos

I'm stoked on every tattoo I've gotten since 19.

I got one when I was 14 that I don't like anymore, but I'm kinda torn on having it covered. I feel like 14 year old me would be really bummed on that.

Alexander Mair, german engraver from the 1600s. Apparently he did this little doo-dad too, which I want to break into two pieces and have either a.) on each side of my torso (ribcage) or b.) on each leg

dance_de.jpg

I also found this crazy old constellation atlas he did for some astronomer called Uranometria

http://www.lhl.lib.mo.us/services/digital/ebooks/bayer/thumbs.shtml

It is RIPE with inspiration.

yeah, it'd yeah it'd be trill as fuck to get the whole piece somewhere but other than doing it across your back/chest/stomach (which I think would look terrible) i don't see how it'd fit. not sure how much you could possibly shrink it without losing the awesome detail.

edit - could probably wrap it around my ribcage do some on my chest some on my back. trill shit.

Looking to get my second tattoo. I have a 6x6 grid on my right ribs. I want my second on my left ribs to balance out.

I'm drawing inspiration from this photo I shot in Mexico City.

6174217372_d23d707c8b_z.jpg

Yanqi

I'm mostly looking to keep the text "YANQI GO HOME" although I'm not really sure how. I'm going to run it by the tattoo artist for opinions as well but I'd like some input. I like the figure in the image but I don't like tattoo portraits, and it wouldn't balance my other tattoo as well I feel.

I'm thinking stack the text like it is in the image

YANQI

GO

HOME

So maybe pull the text directly from the image? That might risk it looking scraggly and awful. Find some sort of font (but holy shit would that open a whole different bag of worms)? Hmmm hmmm hmmm

Lastly, any recommendations on artists in Austin? It won't be a complex piece but I'd like to use a quality studio regardless.

this shop is supposed to be good . Chris Trevino is world famous so i'm sure the other people working there are legit too

http://www.perfectiontattoo.com/

Trevino is the best non-japanese artist doing japanese work IMO..only if hes in California I would definitely get something from him

Anybody going the Convention in SF?

d-4341.jpg

this is the virgin mary tat idea i've had for a year or so now.. don't think i will do it though

still considering this. anybody have some honest opinions of reasons why it would be a dumb tattoo? i think the reason I want it is because i imagine it would look really good as a tattoo, but the counterpoint to that is that it might look really dumb as a tattoo as well :o

still considering this. anybody have some honest opinions of reasons why it would be a dumb tattoo? i think the reason I want it is because i imagine it would look really good as a tattoo, but the counterpoint to that is that it might look really dumb as a tattoo as well :o

depends on whos doing it. A bad tattoo artist can ruin a good concept, vice versa.