Tattoos

my main artist is also a friend and a customer of mine. i usually tip about 25% because he lets me jump the line and gives me a big discount off his his hourly. i also give him a friends and family discount in my shop on service for his bike and clothing and whatnot. The way I look at it as long as he can keep doing good work and I don't have the wait months like the rest of the people I am happy.

I think I am more inclined to tip a tattoo artist because I legitimately want to. Especially if, as superbeveridge said, you get pumped in line and/or are treated in an exceptional manor. Tipping servers is completely cultural, unfortunately, because people should get gratuity for doing a good/exceptional job - not because its customary.

I like when shops have signs saying "tipping is not a place in Taipei"

I've already uploaded a few pictures from this tattoo that I got a few months ago, but thought it'd be appropriate upload a pic showcasing the more "macho" portions of it...

macho.jpg

I tipped around 30%. Artist was a friend and charged me about 50% of her normal rate. If someones cutting you a deal, all the more reason to tip higher. It can only help with future rates if you plan on using the same artist again.

My lady got her tattoo done at 7th Sun. No idea what they're called now, cuz they moved a couple of blocks over... 9th Sun? 5th Sun? Whatever, but they've got decent rep.

Skull & Sword is a given, since Self Edge is tattooed by em.

A little further down in San Mateo, Godspeed is great.

My lady got her tattoo done at 7th Sun. No idea what they're called now, cuz they moved a couple of blocks over... 9th Sun? 5th Sun? Whatever, but they've got decent rep.

Skull & Sword is a given, since Self Edge is tattooed by em.

A little further down in San Mateo, Godspeed is great.

They're still called seventh son on langton. I got all mine from there. Luke Stewart did my arm

heres a shitty pic of it, sorry.

Sleeve-1.jpg

Cris Cleen in SF, he's moving to Brooklyn though so prob not taking new appointments.

yee, idle hand in SF is dope!

this reminded me that people were asking for a clearer pic of my bird... the artist, Eric Jacobsen, finally put one up on his site so here ya go... fresh from the chair

2nhjk2w.png