Tattoos

Ugh having real hard time thinking up of a tattoo.

My grandmother had passed away from cancer a few months back, so I'm trying and trying.

My first thought was something from her birth year / birth month, but the most obvious thing from her year of birth is the start of WWII.

Just ranting.

I've been at the same job for almost 7 years but I'm getting burned out and just need a change. I'm going to be going on a couple job interviews and I was wondering how or at what point you approach the subject of sweet tatts with prospective employer? My tattoos are not visible with long sleeves so maybe don't even mention? It'll be office/admin type work.

I got my tattoos after I started at my current job so it wasn't an issue.

just wear long sleeves until you pass your probation period (if you have one). less hassle. unless interviewee has an aforementioned teardrop then you probably don't have to worry about discrimination.

just wear long sleeves until you pass your probation period (if you have one). less hassle. unless interviewee has an aforementioned teardrop then you probably don't have to worry about discrimination.

thnx, will watch for said teardrop.

you should consider matt beckerich if you are going to traditional jap style.

he works in soho on mondays now.

my left arm is done by him, he is one of best in NY.

I'm sure dude has done his homework and made his choice accordingly...

I have a deal with my guy to pay $150 for whatever (within reason) but I always tip $35-$45. Usually it's for 1 - 1 1/2 hours of work. I'd say 20-25% is a good tip, especially if it's the first time with the artist.

I kind of agree with aak. It could very well be more of a cultural thing to tip? I am not sure, but I assume most artists pay a percentage of their hourly rate to the shop. In that respect a tip can be a nice gesture, but they still make a good hourly wage (which, if they are good, they obviously deserve) even if they aren't the shop owner. Most of my tattoo's have been around the 2-4 hour range and I usually just tip $50.