Tattoos

thats got to be one of the most retarded marketing ideas I've ever seen. brand your customers with your idiot logo for life, how considerate.

The artist that does most of my work took part, along with his team, in Tattooers For Japan. Great day and saw some great tattoos done. They created some custom flash for the event to deal with the amount of people wanting tattoos. These are the tree pages of flash.

200010_10150175261447456_504312455_8326616_6660432_n.jpg207190_10150175261697456_504312455_8326617_1274449_n.jpg188611_10150175263812456_504312455_8326640_3535784_n.jpg

I chose the planes, well, actually, they were designed for me. When I heard what they were doing I sent David Glantz, the owner, a text and asked if there would be any planes... he drew them on my request. The pictures are bad but I am really happy with the result. My plan is to have some more WW2 planes on the rest of my arm in a dog fight.

IMG_1675.JPGIMG_1676.JPG

Check out Archive Tattoo for some great tattoos!

Good look! Sadly the only shop doin this in my state (from what I can see in the links section) did it two days ago, would have been a bit of a drive anyway. Have been contemplating a lotus for a lil while now and would love to help our brothers and sisters in Japan while getting it

scratcher.jpg

today i went to see josh solomon who is apprenticing at two hands tattoo about a piece for the back of my arm, we are going to do a burning book.

i was itching to get something done so i went to see merv o'connor at auckland tattoo who had done one of my white pieces after i insisted i knew what it would look like.

merv has been tattooing for 40 years, today i looked through all the flash in the shop and asked where i would find what he had drawn, in the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet there was flash going back twenty years.

i got this scratcher single needle outline and the whole thing done with a rotary machine, along the way i heard some of the long history of tattoo in new zealand.

i am almost tempted to get a whole lot of little flash pieces just to hear the stories.

i got this henna (temporary) a few months back while on holidays on an island.

5602898176_37b8792da0_z.jpg

the artist was pretty amazing, born with nothing from the knees down, and with his right hand only having a thumb and 1 finger. so basically only had his left hand to work with.

just wondering how this would look with real ink?

actual pain was giving away free flash tattoos at today's sample sale here in seattle.

76aa1bb2.jpg

i went for the dead head:

25650fa6.jpg

af880065.jpg

no 20% for life though