Tattoos

I can't speak for all tattooed professionals but I'm an attorney at a large law firm and i'm tattooed chest to wrist, hip to ankle and considering starting a back piece. I don't go around sharing the fact that I'm heavily tattooed but a few co-workers have randomly found out that I am. I haven't had any issues at all but I also wear long sleeves all year round (including during the summer) at work and at client events. I think as long as you don't give them a reason to think you're unprofessional, they're not necessarily going to have that impression of you solely on the basis of your tattoos especially if they've known you (and your work product) for a while before they happen to find out about the ink.

Thanks allot for the input. I have decided to go ahead & do it, first I have to pick the right artist & decide exactly what I want to get. Excited about it.

I live in a small city and the tattoo artist are limited but I got this done with Andrew at Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio. I like it so far, it's gonna a whole leg tattoo. 2.5 hour session

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality of the photos.

Edit: I went with no black outline giving it like a "painted" look which is what I was going for. I'm going in for a touch-up, and shading/coloring Feb 16th.

shit. das sexy

I really don't know anything about tattoo artists, but does anyone have any recommendations in the LA area or bay area? wanna get some work done eventually

haptronic- thats hawt as well

Pretty vague. If I were gonna get something in the bay I'd get somethin by Cris Cleen

Pretty vague. If I were gonna get something in the bay I'd get somethin by Cris Cleen

Cris Cleen does some cool 20s inspired stuff, you see it and know it his him. he dresses like he is way into the superdenim bukkake/railroad worker too if that is what you are into.

LandoCal126, gnoe7 and i went to idle hands for $60 get what you get.

i thought that Cris was kinda a dick about it, rushing through this on gnoe7, when the other artists seemed more in the spirit of the night.

LOL, shut the fuck up 'mate' I don't have any tattoos yet but that certainly doesn't mean I can't spot a wack one. and with regards to you being 'sick of dickheads with all the judgement', weren't you calling out knucks on his rainbow cock tattoo just last page?

i mean shit, if you're gonna stand up for tiger dude and broadcast your bad taste in the process -- fine. just don't pretend like you're capable of liking every single person's tattoo when you're clearly not... mark ass bitch..

Produced this video recently for 3sixteen... it documents Invisible NYC, a shop across the street from Self Edge NY. I've gotten work done there and built a friendship with them, so we decided to include them in this video series we were working on.

LOL, shut the fuck up 'mate' I don't have any tattoos yet but that certainly doesn't mean I can't spot a wack one. and with regards to you being 'sick of dickheads with all the judgement', weren't you calling out knucks on his rainbow cock tattoo just last page?

i mean shit, if you're gonna stand up for tiger dude and broadcast your bad taste in the process -- fine. just don't pretend like you're capable of liking every single person's tattoo when you're clearly not... mark ass bitch..

i wasn't calling out knucks tattoo, i was just making a silly pun. i actually admire its simplicity.

of course you don't have any, you're a little too scared of not impressing the 'right' people with your 'ink', right bro?

your calling out that tiger because it doesn't fit your idea of a tattoo? tattoo synergy? for you to stoop to the level of telling someone you feel sorry for them because you may not like their piece is fairly fucking low. grow up kid.

sorry to clutter the thread but knobheads need to be called out. let the tattoo discussion continue :D

Guest naknakBeast

i don't know man....

tiger and a koi?

thats the simplest shit i've seen in a while

looks like dude dosen't have many tattoos but if he keeps this up.

Chinese symbols will be next,a tribal maybe,and a samurai will follow.

i wasn't calling out knucks tattoo, i was just making a silly pun. i actually admire its simplicity.

of course you don't have any, you're a little too scared of not impressing the 'right' people with your 'ink', right bro?

your calling out that tiger because it doesn't fit your idea of a tattoo? tattoo synergy? for you to stoop to the level of telling someone you feel sorry for them because you may not like their piece is fairly fucking low. grow up kid.

sorry to clutter the thread but knobheads need to be called out. let the tattoo discussion continue :D

man, stop this nonsense. i don't need some dude with low reading comprehension psychoanalyzing my reasons for not having a tattoo yet..

since you clearly had trouble understanding my one sentence gripe with his tats, I'll go over it with you again: The colors suck and don't go well together. Probably the only time those 4 colors work is if you get a tattoo of fucking Africa. Additionally that tiger looks straight off a Lisa Frank three ring binder

Sorry to clutter the thread but get the fuck off my dick

Yes, it's probably a bit harsh to criticize another dude's tattoos since they are permanent. But this is a fashion board and most of us here are concerned with high quality products, which includes tattoos. If people can't handle criticism, don't fuckin post. It's that simple.

And why the fuck are you whiteknighting some random dude, aak?

Yes, it's probably a bit harsh to criticize another dude's tattoos since they are permanent

for that very reason. i'm not saying they are my personal taste, far from for that matter, however i've seen far worse tattoos that deserve comments like that.

anyways lets move on kids!

The jap tiger is really not a bad tattoo. It's not to my taste at all, and I think it lacks the contrast, expression and boldness of a proper Japanese style tattoo - BUT it's applied well, dudes Koi is OK too. Live and learn - maybe you guys should post flicks of non 'lisa frank' tiger tattoos. Help a brother out.

Return your tat, br0!

I mean, look at the rainbow lunchbox, fruitcake looking ass tiger - what a fucking pussy.

stephchest6.jpg?w=450&h=600