Tattoos

i don't see why i would get a tattoo like that not understanding the meaning of it's strong symbolism.

it's almost insulting to be asked the question, between that and a lobotomy..

studied in history with a concentration in religions.

the tattoo is speaking for itself, i don't feel like i have to come out loud with my views, believes and philosophy.

now if you wanna start a debate about the choice of the symbol to express either anti-religious or satanist views IN GENERAL, i don't think it should revolve around my tattoo

thinking of getting my first tattoo on my inner bicep. is it a particularly painful place? will it look weird if I continue working out and maybe gain some size? not planning on getting ridiculously big though.

it'st the skull from this:

inner bicep hurts no doubt, i have both of mine done. the good thing is it barley ever sees the sun. And asking someone what their tattoo "symbolizes" is fucking annoying.

And asking someone what their tattoo "symbolizes" is fucking annoying.

Its funny when it's like some tribal dragon on someone's calf and they come out wiht something along the lines of "it symbolizes my inner strength"

:o

Upside down crosses look cool that's pretty much it

maybe for you. but then again a lot of people do meaningless things for them to look cool.

that's not the case for me, sorry

inner bicep hurts no doubt, i have both of mine done. the good thing is it barley ever sees the sun. And asking someone what their tattoo "symbolizes" is fucking annoying.

it is annoying!!! what the fuck does it change for them? get your own and leave me alone.

inner biceps is what hurt me the most so far, feeling like my whole arm was getting slaughtered haha

Guest naknakBeast

i understand it gets annoying to be asked about your tats.

what does it mean blah blah .

but also you posted it in a forum where there are gonna be nay sayers and folks asking why and what rhyme and reason.

St peters cross.... Im with it.

just also curious why you got it.

can't agree enough. i'm about 70% done on my leg sleeve (hate that term) and every second question I get about it revolves around what is symbolises. it does have alot of meaning, however discussing personal beliefs with strangers isn't a fun pass time. if you like it, get it tattooed.

Thanks for the imput guys. I think what it comes down to is not them being comfortable with my ink but whether Im comfortable or not. Youre right...they will never know I have tattoos when & if they hire me but there are several occasions where you see co workers without long sleeves. When it gets to that point I will already have the job & Im pretty sure I wont be fired for having tattoos, its just a matter of whether Im comfortable with them judging me or the stigma that comes along with anyone having tattoos. They could possible view it as childish or unprofessional. Yknow, the kind of stuff allot of uninformed people come to conclusions about people with tattoos. Its easy to say who cares what people think, but in this case interacting & having apositive relationship with my coworkers and bosses (who will be a little older & more conservative than myself) is essential. Once I figure this all out, I'll decide if I want them or not.

I can't speak for all tattooed professionals but I'm an attorney at a large law firm and i'm tattooed chest to wrist, hip to ankle and considering starting a back piece. I don't go around sharing the fact that I'm heavily tattooed but a few co-workers have randomly found out that I am. I haven't had any issues at all but I also wear long sleeves all year round (including during the summer) at work and at client events. I think as long as you don't give them a reason to think you're unprofessional, they're not necessarily going to have that impression of you solely on the basis of your tattoos especially if they've known you (and your work product) for a while before they happen to find out about the ink.

for me, it was right on the love handles... that hurt more than my inner bicep