Tattoos

My memorial tattoo for my little brother. It was done by Scotty at Olde Town Tattoo in St Cloud, MN. It's done, save a touchup session next month. 17 hours. Pics don't do it justice. Ignore the room being all shitted up.

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

I am living in Sweden until June and will be in Europe until mid July. Can anyone recommend some 'western/traditional' tattoo artists worth checking out in Scandinavia/Germany/Poland/Italy/Belgium etc...

I am willing to make some trips while I am here.

Thanks in advance.

I am living in Sweden until June and will be in Europe until mid July. Can anyone recommend some 'western/traditional' tattoo artists worth checking out in Scandinavia/Germany/Poland/Italy/Belgium etc...

Thanks in advance.

Johnny is the man, book like now if you want a session.

http://kingcarlostattoo.com/

This seems like it will be dope as hell. I've been mulling over a bird themed tattoo for a while. Out of curiosity, what made you pick the Kea?

i met ben randomly and talked about getting some work.

after checking out his portfolio i liked his owls, we talked about doing a bird chest piece, something endemic to nz. a bird that was 1. not flightless and 2. would be obviously different to non native birds.

the native owl [ruru/morepork], harrier hawk, and new zealand falcon are similar to birds from other places. thought about the extinct Pouakai but in the end even though the bird itself was huge it would look like an eagle.

the kea is the smartest parrot in the world if not the smartest bird, and it is badarse [it eats live sheep and hunts mutton birds.

the drawings are of just the bird asymmetric, no sheep, as it would be hard to get a piece that takes advantage of the shape of the human form, i guess this is why classic american chest pieces were often eagles as the wings fit nicely into that body space.

Thanks in advance.

when i'm back living in sweden i'm going on a road trip and getting judd ripley or his wife to tattoo me.

http://www.myspace.com/juddripley

thought i'd bring up the topic of tattoo aftercare. what do you guys use in terms of sunblock or lotion? i tried cetaphil moisturising spf 30 on my leg tattoo and it left a disgusting white film. any suggestions? need something to protect from the harsh australian sun on the daily...

Thanks ajchen, he's pretty good and works quick. His online portfolio doesn't do his work justice at all.

For aftercare etc, I don't have a particular brand but I like the stick rub-on sunblock because it's easy to go over tattoos and leave the non tatted parts. If you have a full sleeve or whatever I'd probably just slather some high SPF one that is very sweat/waterproof.

I read somewhere that spray on sunblock didn't leave a halo around the tattoo you usually get from other sunblocks but I dunno if it's true. I've never tried the spray.

thought i'd bring up the topic of tattoo aftercare. what do you guys use in terms of sunblock or lotion? i tried cetaphil moisturising spf 30 on my leg tattoo and it left a disgusting white film. any suggestions? need something to protect from the harsh australian sun on the daily...

there's no need to buy anything special. just use whatever sunblock you used before you had a tattoo.

Thanks ajchen, he's pretty good and works quick. His online portfolio doesn't do his work justice at all.

For aftercare etc, I don't have a particular brand but I like the stick rub-on sunblock because it's easy to go over tattoos and leave the non tatted parts. If you have a full sleeve or whatever I'd probably just slather some high SPF one that is very sweat/waterproof.

I read somewhere that spray on sunblock didn't leave a halo around the tattoo you usually get from other sunblocks but I dunno if it's true. I've never tried the spray.

the best advice i ever heard was do what your artists tells you. they all have differing opinions. with regards to sunblock DO NOT get waterproof stuff. That stuff will trap the moisture and not breath well. The only thing I put on my tattoos is lubriderm when it gets really stiff. Other than that I let it heal naturally. For the sun I keep it covered.

I thought he was talking about healed tattoos.

I put on Aquaphor for the first 3-4 days then Aveeno moisturizing lotion for the next couple weeks. Don't put anything else on until that shit is fully healed and stay out of the sun.

I thought he was talking about healed tattoos.

I put on Aquaphor for the first 3-4 days then Aveeno moisturizing lotion for the next couple weeks. Don't put anything else on until that shit is fully healed and stay out of the sun.

i thought he was asking about a healed tattoo as well. i do the same aquaphor then aveeno/lubriderm combo. you only need to do it 3 times a day and it heals super fast

i thought he was asking about a healed tattoo as well. i do the same aquaphor then aveeno/lubriderm combo. you only need to do it 3 times a day and it heals super fast

yeah was referring to long term after care. anyone seen this stuff? Tattoo%20Brite%20Anti-Aging.jpg

my guess is it's nothing more than a glorified and well marketed moisturising lotion with an added spf.

Thanks in advance.

If i was in Germany I'd get some work from Chris Dettmer in a heartbeat, dude is super good. Dark, bold traditional style tattoos.

l_17b45337f3774a8c9825445117abb393.jpg

l_4ce98196c8504480a21a805e51d33b31.jpg

l_a0ff8ac9d8ef4017a63ff472bb1f2440.jpg

l_88dd805282984fbf912adaefa8633cd1.jpg

l_5433f05a6b874bc89e0ac400e522ea35.jpg