Tattoos

alright, question for you NY folks. Who are your favorite tattoo artists in NYC? I'm contemplating whether or not to get a tattoo in NY or to just come back to SF periodically and get one from grime sometime in the future...

i'm not really into the old school style (love the look, but not for me) if that gives any reference to what i like.

I have no personal experience, but based on what I've seen Regino at InvisibleNYC would be my first pick. Thomas Hooper is also great.

I recently booked an appointment with Yoni Zilber at Brooklyn Adorned. there seems to be some pretty good artists at both nyc and bk adorned.

Again, if you're swinging by Stockholm then Maria at King Carlos Tattoo is where you want to go. Just remember to book the sitting like three months in advance.

All done, fresh out the oven. Very pleased, thought the colors looked a bit dark but looks better now that the wraps are off, will probably lighten up during the healing and the first year.

enaliten.jpg

andraliten.jpg

Haha well they're actually scars from some previous bmx accidents.

The buildings purposely aren't inspired or meant to resemble any actual famous towers or cities.

The whole point behind the tattoo is to see what people recognize in it. With the regrowth, it can inspire rebuilding of something lost, also the ruins represent something forgotten and you can always take it as something can be lost in a blink of an eye.

I wanted to make sure there were many ways to interpret it and it also gives me room for when I grow older and perhaps 'regret' having such a dark tattoo (Shit's going to look dark as fuck once the shading and clouds get done).

Ahh, I'm actually more glad that it's not a mere replication of an actual city landscape, but rather a means for a more profound meaning. After your explanation, the ruins seem a lot more apparent, something that would probably be even more so after the proper shading. I look forward to the updates.

tat look great Loz

I always imagine getting ink on the shin bone as being really painful even though i used to get kicked there all the time./......

had a bird done over my shin last night (part of a bigger piece) and i can say it's not that bad.. got a few shrieks of pain when the gun was vibrating on the shin bone though