Tattoos

starting work on a chest piece in janurary with ben grover, getting the clown of the mountains, the feathered wolf in lieu of the ubiquitous and traditionally american eagle.

there are so many good polynesian artists here that i daily see 'sick tribal' tats that have a deeper resonance than they do outside of polynesia, of course there are also 'party bros' with what seem like meaningless and nondescript tribal work, as you would see in the states of other places without a big polynesian population.

the idea behind my chest piece is to flip that cultural exchange around and take a traditional american style and placement and tell a story specific to aotearoa.

They're by Steve Viezens. I found a PDF explaining the show they were in or something. With atleast a sentence about each of the 4-5 pieces in that series, but it was in German. meant to have my mom translate it for me but forgot.

posted this before, but since we're on the topic

I'm still really into this as a tattoo

steve-viezens.jpg

Looked at the URL for Düm's photos, and found Steve Viezens as the artist.

Did a GIS and found – http://blog.arcademi.com/de/?tag=steve-viezens

While in Deutsch, has some pretty neat designs such as this which are pretty tasty.

sv-der-rauch200830x24hol.jpg

If I have some time this winter break, I might screenprint a few for my own pleasure.

@stuntastic: post pictures in a few weeks when they're healed up. where did you get the eagle done?

I heal pretty fast, so it should be super clear by next week.

I got the eagle on my left forearm. I was hoping to find a bit larger sized eagle with a wide wingspan, to put behind my right calve, but they didn't have one.

I'm sort of surprised that he used brown, since I'm pretty fuckin brown. Well, not Reese's Dark brown...