Tattoos

Anyone paint or collect flash? Here's some of my recent stuff.

Painted this for my dad for his b-day. Based on Milton Zeis piece.

zeiseagle.jpg

still working on this one..

westernsheet.jpg

couple panthers, camera flash made the black look weird..

panther1.jpg

panther2.jpg

all ink and Dr. Ph Martins Hydrus Watercolor

thinking about drawing up an idea with two borzois. I have two (I tend to post them a lot ha) and I think it might be a good way to combine some ideas I like. I'm really into Russian tattoos and the dogs originate from there so it'd make sense to do it in a style similar to that. There's also this certain snarl that I really like in some tattoos of dogs/panthers/etc.

I don't think i'd make them look exactly like my dogs. I'd probably go solid white or black for their fur. But one of my dogs has a newly acquired, gnarly scar on her face that I'd add to one of the dogs.

most renderings of the borzois really emphasize their fur and make it sort of feathery and I don't know that it'd look good like that. I think I'll start collecting pics and keep sketching at it for a long time.

Not a big fan of religious ink (esp. Christian) in general, but that's probably because it's so common and most common shit is, well, shit. I think you should be more than a bit religious if you're gonna get it, tho. Too many quasi-religious assholes with crosses on their shoulder, if you know what I mean.

But Virgin Mary is most def one of the better motifs IMO. Seen some really good ones. Here are two I had saved for being a bit more original with the concept:

15fhdfc.jpg

osejyq.jpg

i think im gonna get a hank hill tattoo.

either satanic hank: 145px-HankHillDevil.jpeg

or

me but hank hill-ized (black shirt instead of white, darker denim and darker hair}

or plain hank hill.

AS i type this out it seems like a bad idea but also extremely awesome at the same time.

tell me that its a bad idea

i think im gonna get a hank hill tattoo.

either satanic hank: 145px-HankHillDevil.jpeg

or

me but hank hill-ized (black shirt instead of white, darker denim and darker hair}

or plain hank hill.

AS i type this out it seems like a bad idea but also extremely awesome at the same time.

tell me that its a bad idea

For years I've wanted KotH feet tattoos. Hank on one and Dale or JRC or something on the other. I don't think I could handle having Bill or Peggy on my body forever.

Not a big fan of religious ink (esp. Christian) in general, but that's probably because it's so common and most common shit is, well, shit. I think you should be more than a bit religious if you're gonna get it, tho. Too many quasi-religious assholes with crosses on their shoulder, if you know what I mean.

But Virgin Mary is most def one of the better motifs IMO. Seen some really good ones. Here are two I had saved for being a bit more original with the concept:

agreed, 99% of pieces with a cross, jesus etc look wack.

this is what I have on my back, I'm not very religious, but I've always liked virgin mary imagery, particularly this image as its not the most obvious or generic motif usually seen:

4267339964_a8d073f9db_o.jpg

met up with my homie to get that umbrella and after blazing and chilling for a little bit i decided to go with a skull smoking a blunt instead .. still getting the umbrella before he rides back to ny.

5250558043_a8c9493c7c_b.jpg

stoked to finally start working on this leg..

5251162138_0258479b64_b.jpg

5251162376_f11112d38a_b.jpg

caught a flic of this piece on the back of his neck

5251162606_05cffef96d_b.jpg

Guest I LOVE LFC

Not my sort of tattoos but great work none the less. The artists head looks good too.

The mrs had a cover up done on wednesday on her ankle, will post pics when it's heald.

It's really made me want my legs doing even more so now, but will be patient and finish my arm first.

posted this before, but since we're on the topic

I'm still really into this as a tattoo

steve-viezens.jpg

These are pretty amusing - remind me of the (i think) Number(N)ine t-shirts with similiar designs that were always pretty cool.

I've been thinking about doing one of these for a while now:

tumblrl1saj1bvjm1qbatac.png

i really like this picture and ive had it saved forever but i dont remember what it's from or where i found it or anything so im slightly hesitant

screenshot20101211at304.png

similiar concept but I'd let the person doing the tattoo decide what tattoos would go on the sculpture. i'd feel pretty good about that because it's definitely still my concept but I get to leave all the responsibility of execution to somebody else