Tattoos

for the past few weeks, I have contemplated getting my hands tattooed. I have always opposed the idea knowing the "professionalism" of going to meetings with people staring at my hands, but I feel at this point I want to say fuck it, and cover it when I have meetings.

so anyone else have hand tats?

for real though, if you can deal with it then just get it done.

I think super visible tats are silly to start with, it's kinda just too obvious...

I know a couple people who only have their forearms/neck tattooed. Seems pretty silly to me.

My latest idea:

A Luchador mask in strong purple on the inside of my right bicep. Mix with an old school style banner with my (South American) little brother's name in cursive in out. Too unimaginary? Does anyone know of any resources I can use for inspiration?

Hey I hope I'm not too late on this. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isnt Lucha Libre born and bread in Mexico? No doubt its made its way as far South East as it has North (I saw some advertised Lucha matches in Minnesota) but I feel like you might run the risk of being offensively inaccurate. At the very least you could find something a bit more native to the particular area of South America he is from?

Hey I hope I'm not too late on this. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isnt Lucha Libre born and bread in Mexico? No doubt its made its way as far South East as it has North (I saw some advertised Lucha matches in Minnesota) but I feel like you might run the risk of being offensively inaccurate. At the very least you could find something a bit more native to the particular area of South Africa he is from?

i honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not

i honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not

What is confusing you. To me it seems like he is trying to get a Luchador mask to be a representation of his brothers heritage from South America. Now its also possible he just likes Mexican wrestling, and I'm being awfully presumptions, but I'll accept that risk.

Is it because I said South Africa at the end...?It was a typo...

I'm very much aware that Lucha Libre isn't a Colombian (where he's from) thing. It's more of a dope motive, coupled with the fact that we're both grapplers. I wasn't going for accuracy.

Cool just throwing in my two cents. I like the idea.

I just realized that sean_ might have been under the impression Mexico is in South America?

My entire sleeve is Sylvia Ji's work. Last time I saw her she was still kickin'.

http://sylviaji.com

what do you guys think of getting an artist's work as a tattoo if he/she isn't way dead? I'm not too seriously thinking this specifically yet. I save stuff into a folder for "tattoo ideas" because I've wanted one for awhile. I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Work by Steve Viezens. I really like the Madonna. I even found dude on facebook, so I guess if I had decided to get his work done I could contact him beforehand to see what he thought?

steve-viezens.jpg

So for a year i have had a GREAT artist friend of mine thinking about a design for my upcoming B day in 2 days. the appointment is booked, he says he has ideas, but the thrill of not knowing is also cool to me.

I told him if he knows its a home run, just to do it and i will see it when its done, if not, to have three choices of something else...

what are peoples thoughts on this? should i just dive in knowing my friend will bring heat, or do i need to check it, i am on the fence, as i see both as good options, and i am not so scared he would fuck me, so, i feel trust... anyone with storys like this?

I would personally check it. After you get it you will forget about the thrill of not knowing what it is/was. My tattoos are all pretty much random but I have a tattoo that I don't necessarily regret getting, but before I got it I thought it was a great idea and now I can't even get into the same frame of mind to see why I was so bent on getting it.

So for a year i have had a GREAT artist friend of mine thinking about a design for my upcoming B day in 2 days. the appointment is booked, he says he has ideas, but the thrill of not knowing is also cool to me.

I told him if he knows its a home run, just to do it and i will see it when its done, if not, to have three choices of something else...

what are peoples thoughts on this? should i just dive in knowing my friend will bring heat, or do i need to check it, i am on the fence, as i see both as good options, and i am not so scared he would fuck me, so, i feel trust... anyone with storys like this?

not trying to be rude, but none of the drawings on his website would translate well into tattoos, just my opinion though.

Damn that's a pretty long wait. Did you just book it recently?

Archive is his studio now right?

yup, archive. he said that someone had canceled and july 24 was available, but i kinda wanted some extra time to let it sink in more, so october was the next available date.