Tattoos

point being, i think it's all relative. i know some people with ALOT of work who have never tipped in their life, and du made it seem like it was more insulting to tip $40 than to not tip at all.

naw brah, im not and wasnt saying that.

its all up to you.

i dont tip my friends in cash, but get them at the bar or at dinner or whatever. tattooers ive never met before or dont know on a very personal level, hell yeah Im going to tip well.

Started my polaroid sleeve. They're going to have shadows underneath them for depth later on, and inside each one is going to be an illustration done by either me or my artist about a certain story/time in my life. Sorry for the shit pictures, I lack a real camera.

Done by Luke @ Hope St. Tattoo in Providence, RI.

n3rlo8.jpg

^you should leave a few blank seeing as youre still (presumably) quite young and i'm sure will encounter quite a few more memorable moments in years to come. Or start another sleeve when the time comes.. Just a thought

Got this today! Love the outcome. Can't wait to see it when it all heals and lightens up. This pic sucks and doesn't do it justice but it is fresh after I removed the bandage. The original art is below. It was done by David Glantz of Arichive Tattoo. http://www.archivetattoo.com/ The image is from an American World War 2 Navy recruitment poster.

IMG_0850.JPG

Sorry to chime in late on tipping but I always wait until I hear the price to decide the tip.. After being under the gun 20+ times I've learned that some people pull prices out thier ass. If I expect to pay $220 and dude charges $280 his tip goes from $40 to $20. Or if I'm getting something quick from the shop beardo who is fat and never tattooing and I feel it should be $80 and he comes out with $130 his tip dies..

My contribution. Some pics of my Full Sleeve/Cover Up (Old Ones) tattoo that is currently a work in progress. I'll post more pics later.

Tribute to Mr. Ray Barbee (Rag Doll design by Sean Cliver) and Mr. Warhol.

DSC04660.jpg

Tribute to Mr. Jim Phillips and Santa Cruz (Screaming Hand)

DSC04659.jpg

Miss Piggy & Kermit

DSC04662.jpg

On the subject of tipping...

Do some artists work a tip in to their price? The place I got mine done lists their price as $150/hour, but charged noticeably more than that. Also, there was no tip column on the receipt.

On the subject of tipping...

Do some artists work a tip in to their price? The place I got mine done lists their price as $150/hour, but charged noticeably more than that. Also, there was no tip column on the receipt.

so did you end up tipping ?

thats a lot of pop culture tattoos...

look like theyre done nice brother, who do you get tattooed by?

Thanks for your comments!!! It's a friend of mine, one of the oldest tattoo artists here (Chile). Have a great day!!

My tattoo which I've had for over a year and still haven't managed the time to get it finished. It's a Filipino/Tahitian tribal, I'm thinking of doing a back plate to a chest plate.

Outline:

tat1.jpg

Partial shading:

tat2.jpg