Tattoos

what do you guys (and some girls now) think of them?...

you got any? - you regret them?

you wanna get some?

what are your design ideas?

played out?

too out of style?

coolest tats youve seen?

if you got pics post em

just wanna see how they're viewed on an international level sortof.... and by guys who really know whats up with fashion.

you got any?

yes, 4

left arm, right arm, shoulder blades

you regret them?

no

you wanna get some?

yes

what are your design ideas?

stuff i see in my dreams

played out?

some are, i.e. lower back tattooes on girls...

too out of style?

never

coolest tats youve seen?

have yet to see one that stood out, there are some amazing japanese body suits out there

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

deim ... any story behind the magnet/bitch tat? haha just curious

and for my tattoo im thinking of like a asian style rising sun... (mind you i am white) and i think the asian lettering are played out like oshkosh... but i dunno i dont think this tat would be too bad. i havent seen too many of em also. was thinking of getting my buddy to design it for me.... with the sun 'rays' coming out n reflecting into water n stuff. wanna get it on my shoulder... like right above my bicep. just a thought.

another idea i had was in small writing have 'thanks' right on my pubic bone area. haha just a token of appreciation.

"(mind you i am white) and i think the asian lettering are played out like oshkosh"

this reminds me of the Japanese tattoo artist in Philly (?) that was pissed at all the white frat boys/girls coming to get Kanji tattoos so he put phrases like "i am a slut" etc on a lot of folks who didnt know better til they got laughed at by asians who could read it.

Hey - im just a bitch magnet - what can i say?icon_smile_cool.gif

Well the story if you want to call it that... is I was pissed at my sons momma - got drunk, went to my tat parlor at like 1pm already shitty. I saw this design as a peice of flash on the wall and I knew it was for me, had it on by 230pm

that was 5 years ago

so far i have made it 18 months clean/sober

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

Quote:

this reminds me of the Japanese tattoo artist in Philly (?) that was pissed at all the white frat boys/girls coming to get Kanji tattoos so he put phrases like "i am a slut" etc on a lot of folks who didnt know better til they got laughed at by asians who could read it.

haha i read about this dude a few months ago. he was jailed for like 5 years for writing "small penis" "dick licker" "slut girl" etc on a bunch of people who got them just to be cool. that didn't stop him as he continued to graffiti on the backs of his fellow inmates!

anyway, how much does a large upper back tattoo cost? i'm reading the japanese Tattoo mag right now...

anyway, how much does a large upper back tattoo cost? i'm reading the japanese Tattoo mag right now...

Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good... the old saying goes...

Most artists charge on a hourly rate.. about 100-150$ an hour.

Best advice i can give you is to go to a reputed tattoo shop and start looking at portfolios. Ask questions while your there. A back piece, traditional asian style, you are looking at 5-10 hours to outline, 5-10 hours to shade, and another 7-10 to color it all depends on the habits of your artist. Do your homework, look at many portfolios and you will get an idea of how much you will be spending. For me it is not about the money at all. I dont even think about it. Rember, you will be wearing it for life, so....

This sleeve has about 4 hours left to be complete.... i have 17 hours into it so far.

343%3A29%3B523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A8%3A%3D%3C35%3DXROQDF%3E23238797376%3C4ot1lsi

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

Quote: ^ garbage. Played out, and totally cliche' tattoos. at least get a matt rink or someone doing something progressive, rather than jump on the pop-star steamroller. definately not my style.

i agree that lately toon's work is a bit "played out" - but if you're going to get something for life, i'd prefer something classic and will stand the test of time - rather than something thats trendy at the moment. toon has been doing the same shit for years. long before he started doing pop stars and nikes...

anyways, i've got a few... but looking for another.

i'm thinking about getting a cheesy heart with my wifey's name in it. seriously.

i also saw this friggen cool ass one in a tat mag - it was a stylized/abstract picture of 3 kabuki girls in front of a blood red sun. anyways, hard to describe, but it looked awesome. i should have grabbed the mag when i saw it, but didn't. when i went back to pick it up, i couldn't find the issue again. oh well. the search continues...

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

you got any? - you regret them? no

you wanna get some? yah

what are your design ideas? somethign really tight

played out? some designs/styles are

too out of style?no

coolest tats youve seen? just around town

i'm gonna get some ink really soon.....a half sleeve with maybe a chestpiece connecting

Quote:

Wow... lots of patterns...

But it is so male dominated... any gals got some of those simplistic ones?

You know... those you'd do right under your belly or just above your hips?

--- Original message by Caramel on May 26, 2005 04:42 PM

im so happy you didnt say the designs on girls lower backs... damn too many of those... with the point that always leads to the asscrack.

tattoos are beautiful even if you get a wack one when you were a kid. it is not meant to be a fashion statement or any lame shit like that. i own many, and will get more. check shinji out at ny adorned for some traditional work. he is from the horiyoshi family.

• 7 months later...