Tattoos

This is a bit of a vague question, but for those of you who have had serious work done, how do you develop your idea? Do you just go to your artis with an idea and let them come up with a concept? Or do you go along with something more complete and just let the artist interpret that in his.her style?

Hey dude,

I don't post on here often, but i can maybe help you with this. I've got a sleeve that goes on my right chest and a half kimono (back and legs-to-knees). And in 3 weeks i'm getting another sleeve.

I would suggest finding what style you really like. I suggest something timeless like japanese or american. Stuff that never gets old. Spend hours looking at tattoos and the inspiration they get for the tattoos, and it will come to you. For me, I like japanese ink, so I found the best tattooers in that style that i could, and did tons of research and reading. Then you find something that just makes sense for you.

I might not be the right dude to ask, because i don't get tattooes that symbolize my dead cousins dog to remember some bull shit bbq we had when i was seven. I get headhunters fighting samurais in bamboo forests and shit like that.

Just wondering if anyone else has any cool inside joke kind of tat's and what they mean/represent. For example, my ex, my best friend and his girlfriend, we all got "PTN" on ourselves.

A bunch of our other friends were under the impression we were in some crazy bdsm swinger club but it actually stands for part time ninja. (;

Lol'd. ^^

So my buddy always used to get asked by fat chicks about his cheeseburger tattoo he has on his wrist. He got sick of explaining so he got it crossed out (think.. no walking signs) and now he just tells 'em he hates fat people. He's an ass but I lol every time I see someone walk away with disgust.

Lol'd. ^^

So my buddy always used to get asked by fat chicks about his cheeseburger tattoo he has on his wrist. He got sick of explaining so he got it crossed out (think.. no walking signs) and now he just tells 'em he hates fat people. He's an ass but I lol every time I see someone walk away with disgust.

thats awesome

i got gay tattooed inside my lip when i was 19. my friend was in town on tour and was getting xxx on his lip which only cost 10 bucks. when i heard this i was like 'if i knew it was gonna be that cheap i would have got gay on mine' my nick name being gay chris to some in the detroit hardcore scene for wearing tight jeans and all that. it has mostly faded since and i only remember it talking about joke tattoos.

i got gay tattooed inside my lip when i was 19. my friend was in town on tour and was getting xxx on his lip which only cost 10 bucks. when i heard this i was like 'if i knew it was gonna be that cheap i would have got gay on mine' my nick name being gay chris to some in the detroit hardcore scene for wearing tight jeans and all that. it has mostly faded since and i only remember it talking about joke tattoos.

yo, you were in the detroit hardcore scene? my avatar is a reference to cold as life, hahaha