Tattoos

the "supreme" factor is completely irrelevant.

its the peter saville print that supreme, like many other things, thought was totally rad and used on their tshirts. if anything its a testament to joy division or unknown pleasures period.

looks good man, even if people say its a "corny" tattoo, i wish i had to balls to do that cause unknown pleasures was such an important album in my life.

^ haha that tat is sick.

I have 2 tattoos.

Here is the one I have on my side.. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to leave it as-is or do some shading and effects added for the water below. was done by Tim Creed in like 06 as a tribute of sort to my parents who adopted me (both who have since passed since). I picked it from albulm booklet from my favorite band, so I'll see if anyone recognizes it.

Photo1.jpg

the other on my wrist was a mistake and I plan on getting it covered with a vintage mirror and just filling black over it. bleh.

^ haha that tat is sick.

I have 2 tattoos.

Here is the one I have on my side.. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to leave it as-is or do some shading and effects added for the water below. was done by Tim Creed in like 06 as a tribute of sort to my parents who adopted me (both who have since passed since). I picked it from albulm booklet from my favorite band, so I'll see if anyone recognizes it.

Photo1.jpg

the other on my wrist was a mistake and I plan on getting it covered with a vintage mirror and just filling black over it. bleh.

Mars Volta

wikipedia 10

The front cover image comes from an edition of the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Astronomy, and was originally drawn with black lines on a white background. It presents successive pulses from the first pulsar discovered, PSR B1919+21—often referred to in the context of this album by its older name, CP 1919.[12] The image was suggested by drummer Stephen Morris[13] and the cover design is credited to Joy Division, Peter Saville and Chris Mathan. The back cover of the album contains no track listings, leaving a blank table where one would expect the listings to be. The original release came in a textured sleeve.[2]

If you think it came from Peter Saville you need to get educated too, everyone steals/co-opts from everyone...

"It's not what you take things from, it's what you take them to."

You should listen to Godard

I have heard from tat heads that Vasaline Intensive Care is supposed to be the goods. I just used pure aloe when i got mine, but they swear by VIC.

fucking late pass on this, but I use that Vasaline IC bodylotion daily on my tat's. think it's the best thing out there. Been using it on one for like three years now and it's still clean and sharp. Not sure if it's good when you just had one done, cause I always use 'nipple cream' (stuff for breastfeeding woman) on them the first two or three days.

Just got this done yesterday, my first one.

Went to Hope St. in Providence, great experience and his lines came out awesome.

mtl2jl.jpg

if anything I think getting your first tat on your forearm is a big mistake.

I hope thats what you want to rep you for the rest of your life.

I love the Joy Division tattoo and the album.

Also I want to get a few opinions on a tattoo idea I've been toying with for a few months... I am a serious musician (music is my life) and I am considering having F-holes tattooed on the inside of my forearms -- yes, the hairless, white, very sensitive insides of my arms. I'm aware of the potential pain but I can deal with it. Anyone have any input on this?

**For those that don't know, F-holes are the sound holes cut out of acoustic instruments, such as violins and cellos, that help the sound resonate. They look like this**

45U-1026_f-hole.jpg

I love the Joy Division tattoo and the album.

Also I want to get a few opinions on a tattoo idea I've been toying with for a few months... I am a serious musician (music is my life) and I am considering having F-holes tattooed on the inside of my forearms -- yes, the hairless, white, very sensitive insides of my arms. I'm aware of the potential pain but I can deal with it. Anyone have any input on this?

**For those that don't know, F-holes are the sound holes cut out of acoustic instruments, such as violins and cellos, that help the sound resonate. They look like this**

Image88.jpg

do it like this instead