Tattoos

post some of your work boy.

i agree about color, it can go to far.

i wonder about how much affect different inks have on the result. quality ink has to matter no??

i am all black and white, well, my huge tally of 2 tats. but i also think a lot of work i see in the progession stages, when its just outlines looks much better than when its filled in with all the colors of the clown shoe.

I'm consdering getting "Good Times" in a basic cursive-type font inside my lip (after what is, quite possibly, the world's best bass riff/disco song). What are your thoughts everyone?

i remember someone throwing out artist recommendations for script/lettering. was just gonna tell a friend to see thomas hooper but wouldn't mind having some other names to pass along.

edit - in the nyc area

scott campbell at Saved Tattoo does some pretty ill script. he did the 'shameless' on marc jacobs' pec

^ unless you have a tattooer-friend they should be the "shop minimum". Mine was 50 bucks, and how long they last varies from person to person, mine came off right away at first because I think I took care of it really poorly but they touched it up for free and now it looks just like it did the day I got it, and much more than a year afterward.

Hey MyAcademy or Yardbird, maybe you guys can answer me this question.

I've decided to get my first tattoos done at Electric. What's the parking like in that area? Meters on the Street or is there some kind of lot? I know it's a little off topic, but I need to know.

I JUST GOT TATTOOED AT ELECTRIC! weeeeiiirrrd.

You can park on 4th (the street at the end of the block that the shop is on.)

no metering... but lately the beach towns have been BUMPIN', so good luck finding parking if you go at night. Otherwise, it's free!

Tom Yak is the man, I hope he's your artist at Electric!!! So I just got a schedule with Duke Riley last night... he's inking my ninth tattoo in March.

What's he doin' for you?

Dude still has to finish my thigh...

I JUST GOT TATTOOED AT ELECTRIC! weeeeiiirrrd.

You can park on 4th (the street at the end of the block that the shop is on.)

no metering... but lately the beach towns have been BUMPIN', so good luck finding parking if you go at night. Otherwise, it's free!

Alright, thanks. Now if I can ever find the time to get over there. I guess that there's always spring break

Tom Yak is the man, I hope he's your artist at Electric!!! So I just got a schedule with Duke Riley last night... he's inking my ninth tattoo in March.

I'm debating between him and Robert Ryan. Both of them do the classic old school style that I like, but I'm leaning more towards Ryan, because of the odd stuff that he's done. Any personal choice or reference?