Tattoos

Sorry the pic didn't come out the first time. Thinking of getting this girl and recommendations for an artist in Toronto?

20080619203736_3b52630u_500.jpg

I know he did some other work along those linesif you're interested in seeing some of his other 'navy girls' or whatever search Howard Chandler Christy. I've never much liked his work personally. Kind of flat and despite the vigour in his brushstrokes pretty lifeless. Maybe it's the colors.

Seems like it'd be difficult to translate to a tattoo as well since it's relatively painterly.

edit: just noticed that he signed the thing with his name so I assume you probably noticed already haha

I know he did some other work along those linesif you're interested in seeing some of his other 'navy girls' or whatever search Howard Chandler Christy. I've never much liked his work personally. Kind of flat and despite the vigour in his brushstrokes pretty lifeless. Maybe it's the colors.

Seems like it'd be difficult to translate to a tattoo as well since it's relatively painterly.

edit: just noticed that he signed the thing with his name so I assume you probably noticed already haha

Bill Baker...is the best in TO

Not sure whether this might be of interest for this thread, but there was a documentary on Russian prisons and their tattooing habits and the symbolism behind them. Of course the new kids always muddy the significance and they go into how the perception of the tattoos has changed. Plus it's pretty good for info on prisons in general which I found interesting.

Should be in 8 parts, but for whatever reason the first part is missing.

This is the link for 2/8, then just follow the Related Vids for the others...

!!!! Holy crap, this colouring is fantastic! It looks flawless.

unfinished.. got it last night.

snakew.png

snakke.png

hes gonna add green in the snake and the eye is gonna be crazy colorful

i got it from craig beasley.. he was in town tattooing a few friends in his hotel room so i was lucky enough to drink and blaze through out the whole process and let me tell ya it helped!

Took this a couple of weeks ago(pics from the same day as I took it), so the shading looks way better now. Willl be working my way up the leg with time. Really want to get 3 roses below this one.

tattoo.jpg

kinda strange that it faces you...

It's facing me because I wanted to be able to read it when I looked down! I took this one for me, that sentence really means alot to me. So it was only right it faced me.

It's facing me because I wanted to be able to read it when I looked down! I took this one for me, that sentence really means alot to me. So it was only right it faced me.

It doesn't really matter which way it faces, what you are saying makes no sense. If the tattoo had faced out (and thus made sense to everyone who looking at it) would you then not be able to read it? You know what the tattoo is, your rationale doesn't seem good considering how weird it looks being upside down

It doesn't really matter which way it faces, what you are saying makes no sense. If the tattoo had faced out (and thus made sense to everyone who looking at it) would you then not be able to read it? You know what the tattoo is, your rationale doesn't seem good considering how weird it looks being upside down

Dude, it's his tattoo. Who are you to criticize him.

His logic makes total sense, and it doesn't have to. It's his fucking tattoo.

I know more than one person with words facing them.

Dude, it's his tattoo. Who are you to criticize him.

His logic makes total sense, and it doesn't have to. It's his fucking tattoo.

I know more than one person with words facing them.

Haha, obviously logic isn't your strong point...who the fuck are you to criticize me?

I don't want to fuck this thread up, but point to the spot where I am criticizing his actual tattoo? Someone else said it looked weird and I said the OP's explanation made no sense.

And how does you knowing 'more than one person with tattoos that face them' even factor into this discussion? I know a bunch of people with face tattoos, does that mean someone I don't even know has to like them? You're an idiot

thx for the link...

dudes tat was not good or bad enough to talk about like this, who cares? i think text facing you is ok for some shit, i kinda thought dude was a dancer or something, that his feet move, that was my read... i put my text out for other people, i know where i am from, shits a flag to me... but on a foot only people your fucking or at the beach with will see it... so might as well read it while your in the tub or something.

its all subjective.

grime is ill... having only B&W ink i wonder how some of that color will fade... color is kinda scary to me for that reason.

As with any tattoo, the better it's applied the longer it will last. Suncreen is super important. I've seen dudes with proper back pieces from Horioshi where the detail and color is still super crisp 10 - 15 years later, on the other hand there's countless examples of color work going to shit in the sun, from hard living and being applied like shit in the first place.

I stick with black and gray work for a few reasons - it holds up better over time, B&G work has more of a timeless look and I don't want to look like a fucking rainbow when I'm older. This more applies to how I get my tattoos, piece by piece - it allows for more cohesion.